Thursday, August 16, 2007

Shake it, break it, fake it, take it...yeah

Mothers should not be allowed to go underwear shopping.
All that stuff they tell you when you first start puberty that your mother has gone through this before and she can help you fully reach your womanly potential, and she will ease the pain, bla bla bla, is such a lie.
Because when you buy bras and such, she shows NO SHAME. I mean, it's not like bra shopping hasn't gotten easier from the time you were, what, 11? to the time you are...not 11, but you it's not easy to look people in the face while you are discussing sports bra vs. demi cup with your MOTHER, of all people.
I'd personally rather go shopping with one of the Victoria's Secret Angels, because they know a lot about this type of thing, and they're so hot that people walking by wouldn't be paying any attention to anything they said.
They're busy staring at their unmentionables, if you know what I'm saying... ;)
So besides that little shameworthy detail, we went to Walmart and bought school supplies and necessary articles of clothing, including things with Carebears on them (tee hee :D), black pants (my first pair of non-denim pants in like...2 years), and a shirt that says, "I'm not a model, I just look like one."
Surprisingly, I found that in the guy's section.
I'm going to write a letter to the president and have him ban changing rooms. I was all feeling good about my body until I had to change into some really hideous jeans. I hate my legs. And I have pretty much the smallest boobs in existence. Which makes for a fun filled shopping trip for anybody. YAY! So I had to jump up and down three times whilst hugging myself chanting, "My body, myself. I love my body, therefore I love myself!" And it worked! Not.
I didn't actually jump up and down and chant.
And I hate it when Brio feels like telling me, "If you hate your body, chant, 'I am the daughter of the King,' over and over and you'll feel beautiful!" Wouldn't that just make you mad at God? For giving you a bad body, I mean? Or what you think is a bad body? Doesn't sound too positive to me.
Awww, underwear with little guitars and skulls on it! Rats, it's a thong!
So I just played "Guitar Hero" with William the whole time.
Does anyone else hate it when their parents leave them randomly alone in the mall/store? Because if it was one of those mall stores that are like 5 feet by 5 feet, that would be okay, but my mom will randomly leave me alone in Target and then get all offended when I get mad because I can't find her. Raaah. And people glare at me as I storm through the store trying to find her. Yeah, read this body language, jerk.
And I guess part of it is she's assuming that I will stay doing the same thing for 1+ hours. If it was "Guitar Hero", of course, but she said something like, "After this we're leaving," and then leaves and when I find her she's like, "Why are you all upset, we're busy shopping for school supplies." WTH?
I don't know why I'm rambling on and on about trivial things like underwear shopping and Guitar Hero and Walmart and lack of communication skills. I'm thinking it's hormones. That is most unfortunate. Must have some more chocolate.

4 comments:

Matt Wilson said...

that was really hillariously awkward to read.

but funny!

Matt Wilson said...

Learning to Breathe is a really good cd.

Matt Wilson said...

Legend of chin is a really good cd.

Lauren said...

sorry, i didn't really want to put you through that.