Friday, August 24, 2007

I'll show you how I swing

There's something in that line that bodes ill...
I really hate Miley Cyrus. Especially when I'm playing Hot Shot Photo Pro and she keeps popping up everywhere in her ugly pastel colored sweats. It's like, "I'm trying to get a picture of Hannah Montana, and nobody wants a picture of you." Because on the show she's like not famous at all.
It also bothers me how it's cool that in real life she can be both people and people are "buying into" the whole different person crap. "I'm going to see a double concert! Hannah Montana AND Miley Cyrus."
....
THEY'RE THE SAME FREAKING PERSON! It really irks me, because everyone understands this, but they decide to play dumb and buy into Miley's stupid scheme. HATE HATE HATE. And that all guys like her, "Because she's sweet with a dorky side!"
....
Doesn't that describe every other girl on the planet?
She and Billy Ray are totally playing up the whole redneck thing. It's annoying. "I'm a hick! I'm a hick!" My uncle is a "hick" and he would be ashamed of Billy Ray's behavior.
I like Jon Reep's version of redneck, tho. He's actually funny. I suppose that makes me a hypocrite. "Redneck, white trash, and blue collar." Amen.
I'm waiting for Jackson's Beach Treat Delivery to load. I forgot how much I love this game. So much better than that stupid Jammin' with Hannah, or that dumb diary game that I COULDN'T FIGURE OUT!! I looked in the same classroom for like 50 minutes and I couldn't find a stupid clue!
Wow. That was a crazy rant.
I went with my dad to Ted Brown and was disappointed at their selection of piano books. SO LAME. Their "High School Musical" book was level 3, level 4 at best, and way easy. The only challenging books were probably "Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone" and songs from the original "Star Wars" trilogy. I THOUGHT I found an Evanescence piano book, but it was a GUITAR BOOK. So lame. I actually want an arrangment of all the songs. Challenging ones, too.
I was going to rant about Brio and their strict love of Amish culture (I like Amish people, but Brio has the idea that we should have a better spiritual community ((true)), but reject the culture like them. Yeah, you don't want to be OF the world, but it's okay to be IN the world. Everyone else is. God PUT us here), but I'll save that for tomorrow. Whoop dee doo.
Oliver awaits. And he wants a butterscotch sundae, pleeeeease.

24 comments:

Matt Wilson said...

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

the show went well enough...

other than I didn't play the last 30 bars cause I was running across the field almost running into isaac. and I had no chops by the end cause I was using the megatone. last time I ever use a megatone in a field show.

Lauren said...

so other than that it was amazing... sorry i missed it.
i don't know, picturing a bunch of people sprinting across a field is pretty amusing...

Matt Wilson said...

with instruments. and big hats.

Lauren said...

i'd forgotten that element of the equation.

Matt Wilson said...

man, its amazing how many things you have to think about and how eventually you just get on autopilot after awhile, but think about it? note fingerings, note partials, tone, dynamics, articulation, tempo, and then marching? sheesh, 90 degrees angles in slides, all 40 sets, guiding to the form, the human brain is pretty amazing.

Lauren said...

holy crap. mr. faxon barely had us thinking about marching.

Matt Wilson said...

(faxson?)

Lauren said...

(faxon)

Matt Wilson said...

who is he.

Lauren said...

band teacher

Matt Wilson said...

you go to fairview right? they have a pwnage band program...

Matt Wilson said...

you gonna be 1st trombone? lol.

Lauren said...

yep. i was there for 3 hours today.
i think i'm going to be the only trombone, so...

Matt Wilson said...

pfft.

Lauren said...

was that to the trombone remark or the fairview remark?

Matt Wilson said...

I just couldn't think of anything to say so I said pfft. I actually typed a rather long response but then I decided not tocause i thought it sounded too conceited.

Matt Wilson said...

speaking of which, I figured out why I never played organized sports...excepty little league in like 2nd and 3rd grade.

I used to say its cause I"m not competitive, but that answer never sat right with me (or anyone who knows me) so I've now concluded it's be cause I AM competitive, to competitive to be subjected to the absolute embarassment of being seen absolutely (repetition!) sucking at something.

Lauren said...

that is probably the same reason i never joined any sports. either that or i was raised a wuss.

Matt Wilson said...

not wuss, its tasteful disgretion.

Lauren said...

it's more accurate than other terms, however.

Matt Wilson said...

riiiiiight...yeah (confusion...) hahaha

Matt Wilson said...

its hard to convey complex ideas over the internet.

Lauren said...

very true.
and yet another conversation results in confusion on both sides.

Matt Wilson said...

yeah...lol.