Monday, August 13, 2007

You set your mind on cruise control...

...knuckles grip the wheel in fear to let it gooooo.
Love is empty, love is cruel, love it blindly breaks the rules,
How could I have been such a fool, it's something all of us go through.
You choke back tears and swallow lies, those rubber plates won't fix your eyes,
Count on having clouded vision for AT LEAST A LITTLE WHILE!
I love Classic Crime. I swear. They are amazing.
And it turns out they make me laugh.
"The Poet" is my new favorite song. Followed by "The Bitter Uprising", because some of the lyrics sounded questionable.
Or maybe that's just me and my dirty mind.
*sigh*
I remember the days when my mind was pure and virginal.
Gone are those days.
Hello to the days ahead, full of sex jokes.
Right then.
Hm. I shall list the Classic Crime songs in order of amazingness. Because I can.

1. The Poet
2. The Bitter Uprising
3. Headlights (you know it. COME HOME!!!)
4. The Flight (except for the annoying intro. "You guys are really gonna rock the whole wide world!")
5. Blisters and Coffee
6. All the Memories (I CAN NEVER FALL IN LOVE AGAIN!!)
7. I Know the Feeling (of being all alone...so let's drink to the fact that we're not.)
8. We All Look Elsewhere (I used to hate this song)
9. The Coldest Heart
10. Who Needs Air (Singing silent songs of sadness...)
11. Flight of Kings (kind of annoying)
12. Say the Word (really annoying)

3 comments:

Matt Wilson said...

you know i have that cd and I haven't even listened all the way through it...for a second I thought that was your poetry and I was like. woah. I surrender. you pwn. but then yeah...nvm...anyways. you don't like the coldest heart? I think that songs awesome.

RRock_With_It said...

I thought it was wiper blades...

Lauren said...

wiper blades would definitely make a lot more sense...
yeah. i'm not that good at poetry. i like the coldest heart, but i think the other songs on the disk leave a more lasting impression. the coldest heart WAS the first classic crime song i ever listened to, tho.