Monday, July 23, 2007

Werewolfeh.

I wonder if it's too late to drop out of going to Creation. All the odds are against me. I mean,
1. It's going to be HOT. Like WAY HOT. Not humid, according to my WA ST Hist text, but HOT.
2. There are only a few bands I like now. Either I've never heard of some or I've started hating others because they went all MAINSTREAM and crap. *cough cough* RELIENT K! *cough cough*
3. Nothing to do. Okay, I guess the whole point is just going to concerts, but what if I don't want to see Newsboys, Delirious?, etc.
4. Camping? Um, no.
5. It's nearing the full moon and my werewolfish tendencies are going to show, meaning I'll probably just bite everyone's head off, figuratively and literally.
6. Camping involves food-over-the-fire kind of stuff.

Looking at all this, I'd love to stay at my Grandma's. Or at home with Luke. Summer school sounds SO GREAT right now.
But no. I guess it's too late now.
Why do my parents always have to be right about everything???
Things My Parents Were Right About, Unfortunately
1. If I'm in a bad mood, I'm probably really hungry or tired. Forget PMS, you need food.
2. Teenagers shouldn't date until 16 because the emotions run too high before then.
3. Couples with a 1 year+ age difference are bad (I still disagree with this one, but there have been times where they have been right).
4. (This was when I wanted to go to Creation, back when all my favorite bands were cool): "You'll hate it, because it's so hot, and you have to get up early, and shower, and camp..."
So basically my parents are right about everything.
But not about nose rings.
I am totally getting one if I manage to weasel out of this.

1 comment:

RRock_With_It said...

Lauren, CREATION IS AWESOME!!! There are amazing bands there, what about Red, Emery, Thousand Foot Krutch, Disciple, Fireflight, MXPX, Project 86, SKILLET!
Yes it is hot, but you do not need to get up early, they have boring stuff in the mornings. That means plenty of time for showers and planning what bands you want to see.
If none of the bands you like are playing, you can look at the booths or go back to camp and rest, or read, or whatever.
Believe me, Creation fest is going to be fun!