Sunday, July 08, 2007

5 reasons why I love Jesus

I know I should quit posting, but I've been reading this guy's blog recently and he needed to tag 5 people, but he doesn't know that many bloggers, so I decided to put him out of his misery.
Besides, I love Jesus.

1. He doesn't care that I'm a messed up critical (not to mention hypocritical) person with major issues and he loves me for it. Okay, not for my sins (which he hates), but he gets the whole quirk thingy. And he loves me in SPITE of my quirks/sins/habits/chocolate.

2. He doesn't leave me alone, which is a good thing when I'm feeling suicidal (not like I ever REALLY feel suicidal, since not only is it the wimpiest way to die, but it's stupid and what kind of legacy is that. Like in "Hidden Secrets" when this "great example" of a Christian supposedly commits suicide.) And even when I push him away he waits for me to come running back to him.

3. He died the most painful, excruciating death so that I would live eternally. (The word "excruciating" supposedly came from "crucifixion")

4. Because of that, I'm on my way to Heaven.

5. Phillipians 4:13: "I can do all things through Him that strengthens me." Enough said.

So there you have it. In all honesty.
Speaking of Jesus, we took Marie to the cool Saturday night church last night. It was SWEET. Their senior pastor is quite talented. Don't know if that's the right word to use, but he's very uplifting. The sermon was about how and why Satan tempts us and how we can fight back. It wasn't just, "Oh, all humans do this, and we WERE going to hell, but you're a Christian, so you must WORK ON THESE TRAITS!" He talked about Heaven and victory and tied that up in a football analogy. And he also talked about how HE and OTHER PEOPLE ACTUALLY STRUGGLED. Hahahaha. Pastors aren't immortal. TOLD YOU.
Worship was great, as always. There were a bunch of guys from Island Lake there and they liked the service. I think. I could tell, sort of. That kind of got me. Right here. *thumps chest*
Yeaaaaah...

No comments: