Monday, June 25, 2007

Deli-sliced ham and a low fat cheese sauce wrapped in a crust

Yep, that's what I had for lunch. And I had lunch like 3 minutes ago. Mmmmm.. It was quite good, actually. Now, for the sake of losing weight/being health-concious, I'm eating an apple. It's bitter.
IT'S A GAME AND YOU'RE NOT THE WINNER!
You can't DENY yourself inside and when we go we say goodbye and then we run, we run AWAY.
My throat is all gross. First my dad, then William, now me.
I read a really dumb book this morning. Okay, not really dumb, but it definitely wasn't as fair as it wanted it to be.
So this girl (aspiring playwright named Kate) moves from New Jersey to Tennessee, where the school team is the Rebels and they fly a Confederate flag. So the lone black student (not, there's just a bunch of black people shoved into another corner of the universe in this book) decides to send this petition around that's anti-Confederacy, and all the white Southerners didn't want Confy to leave and they got mad.
And it was annoying cuz I wasn't really sure which side I was on. Because I'm pro-Union (or would've been), but there were a lot of great Confederate guys who were Christians and stuff, and it's not like all Southerners are bad, seeing as I'm in love with Georgia, and it doesn't have to stand for slavery, and it's kind of their heritage, but then all the blacks and liberals were all, "It's racist," and if they were REALLY offended by it (the blacks, though, it's kind of none of the liberal's business), shouldn't that mean something?
Yeah, so I was all confused, but it did make me mad because they show the white Southerners at their worst (there was this guy who was in the KKK who believed whites were the actual chosen ones, which reflected badly on Christians and whites in general), but they didn't really show the other side at their worst. I guess the worst was Nikki's (the one who started the whole ordeal) twin brother Luke, who set fire to the Confederate flag, but I don't know, I feel like it was biased.
And then the whole epic love between Kate and Jack was SO ANNOYING. I mean, I guess there's too many dark-haired "hotties" in books these days (as male love interests), and I do have a weird problem with blondes, but Jack was all Troy Bolton from High School Musical. "I want to be an actor, but I could never tell my mother. She wants me to marry Sarah Fife and go to the Academy." And he tells Kate, "I really love you. I'm not just saying it." And she pulled some Anakin-crap, like, "I don't want you to love me! When you're away from me, I can't breathe! I need to be with you!"
The last part, where she has Nikki and Jack be the only two people in this play she's written, was really sad. It was just a bunch of monologues from both sides of the issue, and it was weird, because her sister had just been shot at a football game gone awry, and they made out like she was dead for a long while. It confoozed me.
Now I'm reading "Freshman", and it's pretty funny, but it took me a while to get through 26 or so pages, so I don't know how I'll finish that, the first "Maximum Ride" book, and "House of the Scorpion" without reading and refusing meals or bathroom breaks all day.
Oh wells.
It was SWEET, we played football last night, and I made a touchdown. Andrew is crazy fast. Sucks that he's leaving tomorrow. I saw him for like 2 hours and then he was gone. Going back to Asia. But there were people I had no idea had such skillz. Dang, Jeannie.

No comments: