Saturday, June 02, 2007

Hormones cause hunger

How true. I ate a lunch consisting of mostly protein (lots of ham, a protein bar, nuts...), a huge dinner from Arby's, ice cream, popcorn, and fruit yesterday, and I was still hungry as I went to bed.
Agh.
We watched three chick flicks (sort of), all of which I have never seen before, and I so feel like commenting on them.

10 Things I Hate About You: I'd heard it was really good and Heath Ledger is in it. Also, it took place in Seattle (a fact my mom so joyfully pointed out during the opening credits). Based on "The Taming of the Shrew", only no one gets beaten into submission at the end. Now I really need to read that play. Except for the constant profanity and sexual references (hey, I'm Christian, give me a break), it was pretty good.
Best Part: When Patrick (Heath Ledger) sings to Kat (Julia Styles) in front of the whole soccer team, and has the school marching band play the song. Awwww... Heath Ledger has really ugly hair in this movie, but has a really nice smile. Why do Australians always have really nice teeth? The song they were originally going to use was "I Think I Love You" by the Partridge Family. I wish they had (love that song), but the one they used ("I Can't Take My Eyes Off You") was effective.
Worst Part: Um...probably when the nerd Michael gets a picture of the male anatomy drawn on his face. Or the part where Kat flashes the teacher to get Patrick out of detention. Mainly because I was watching this with my mom and it was mucho uncomfortable.
My mom thought it was "romantic", but I thought it was slightly creepy when Michael goes all Shakespearean on Mandella and hits on her Olde English style. I guess because in my opinion, true romance is dead.

While You Were Sleeping: Lucy (Sandra Bullock) falls for this guy (Peter Gallagher; pretty shocked to see him. I was all, "Aren't you supposed to be raising immoral teenagers in California?") at the train station where she works, but then he pushed off the tracks during a mugging and falls into a coma. And then she accidentally tells everyone she's his fiancee and his family is convinced it's true. And, to top it all off, she falls for his brother Jack (Bill Pullman). Kind of boring and the ending was cheesy, but it was okay.
Best Part: Hm....I don't know. All the scenes kind of run together. I kind of liked the part where she almost broke Jack's nose.
Worst Part: Pretty awkward. She's trying to convince the family she is really Peter's fiancee, and all of a sudden, she's all, "Peter has only one testicle." So the family has to go in and check. And it turns out SHE'S RIGHT.

She's All That: Didn't like this movie so much, especially with my mom. After getting dumped by really slutty girlfriend, Zack (Freddie Prinze, Jr., when he was actually cute) makes a bet with his best friend that he can change the nerdiest girl in school (Laney Boggs, played by Rachael Leigh Cook) into a prom queen. Let the games begin.
Best Part: Not much to choose from. I liked that the DJ was played by Usher, even though he was really annoying.
Worst Part: Pretty much the whole movie. Awkward, liberally sprinkled with the s-word, and two lil F-bombs, and I almost puked when Zack forced a bully to eat a piece of pizza he'd, uh, put some semen on. You had to WATCH it, and you could see the hairs, IT WAS SO GROSS!

Yeah. That was the extent of my evening. I didn't go to bed until "The Tonight Show" was over.
Still thinking about the pizza thing. Ew.

No comments: