Thursday, September 27, 2007

Trans...what an interesting root word.

We had that discussion yesterday in Pre-AP. It was a little dumb because Mrs. Sims gave the whole lecture on "be more tolerant of other people's lives" (only she referred to a hermaphrodite rather than a transvestite, which is what we were laughing about), but it was a little bit humbling. I mean, on SYATP day, too.
Pretty much.
Eh. So Metallica and I had sort of a falling out. Well, not really, as I still listen to them, but I wasn't aware of the language in "Damage, Inc.". I didn't like that song anyways. But, even though "Leper Messiah" is about televangelists, it makes me uncomfortable because Metallica seems anti-war and anti-Christianity, it seems, so it could have a meaning other than that. Also, "Master of Puppets" is probably the best song they ever did, but I started thinking about the lyrics and I dwelled on it for a long time, and though they say it's about the government, why'd you have to mention a Passion Play? And since they also have songs called "Holier Than Thou" and "The God That Failed", it makes it seem a little anti-God. I put the Black Album on my ipod, tho, and I haven't found anything bad on that one. Only I didn't put "The God That Failed" on there. The premise is pretty sad, tho. Wikipedia it.
Yeah. I guess I didn't have to tell you all that.
I feel like listening to Nirvana. If only they didn't suck. I hate to say that I like the song "Heart-Shaped Box". Don't tell William.
I hate math. Just when I start to understand things, they throw something else at me. Aaagh. We had a quiz today. I did okay, but there was one question that when I checked it it was 60 off. Oh well. Don't care.
Hm. What is my karaoke theme song?
I love Thursdays. And we have a 3 day weekend. BAM.
AAAAAAAAARGH worst book ever: "Mismatch" by Lensey Namioka. The plot wasn't too bad: Chinese-American girl and Japanese-American boy try to date without their traditional parents freaking out. But Lensey Namioka is a HORRIBLE writer. The book is 217 pages. Within 100 pages, Sue and Andy's families are crazy about each other, and the rest is about a trip to Tokyo. It was just a stupid mess of heavy messages against racism, while stereotyping the Japanese people and country. Dialogue was awkward, characters were shallow. AAAARGH! It just made me mad that I wasted my time reading it. Sorry. But I just finished it and it was disappointing.
Your Karaoke Theme Song is "Livin' On a Prayer"

You believe the best things in life are mostly forgotten, and you're definitely more than a little nostalgic .
You're likely to still like the same foods, fashions, and music as you did when you were a teenager.

You have a knack for knowing what elements of pop culture people have missed, without them even realizing it.
It's great to remember the past, but don't forget that not everyone is as stuck in it as you are.

You might also sing: "Pour Some Sugar on Me," "Rapper's Delight," and "Cherry Pie"

Stay away from people who sing: "Toxic"

Ew. "Cherry Pie" is like my least favorite song of all time. William plays it on "Guitar Hero" all the time.
Heeee I made brownies. Only there was a recipe for Cookie Dough Brownies, so I made this topping that tastes like chocolate chip cookie batter to go on top and it's pretty delicious. Only the edges are crunchy. Don't ask me why.
Pizza is great. Everyone should go out and have some.
If I were trapped in a room full of Twinkies and chocolate donuts, I WOULD NOT SURVIVE.

14 comments:

RRock_With_It said...

At least you're learning in your math class. I'm taking algebra 1 again (i didn't fail, but somehow they thought I should take it again?) I get the concept in a minute and no one at my table will try to figure it out themselves, so I have to try to explain it three different times.

RRock_With_It said...

And it's not like I'm good at math. It's just a stupid class.

Lauren said...

i don't know, maybe homeschool doesn't count as a credit?
aaaaargh that's kind of what my class is like only no one gets it.

RRock_With_It said...

I think it's because I told the counselor that I got a B in it and said I wasn't stellar at it.

Matt Wilson said...

F, F, F#, F#, G, Ab, D

Lauren said...

wth, B is a passing grade...
i'm really trying to work out what that melody is supposed to be.

Matt Wilson said...

its the build up to the highest note in our show. I've only hit it like twice actually playing. in practice I do it quite a bit. but bleh.

Lauren said...

i love how on the piano you can hit every high note.
is mr. woods as insane as mr. faxon?

Matt Wilson said...

I don't know I've never met mr. faxon.

Lauren said...

making us do two parades in one day. aaargh.

Matt Wilson said...

wimp. wimp. you don't even know what it is to march o.O and you never will since I don't think Oly even doesa field show. we saw them going to play there home football game when we were all in uniform and they were in blue t-shirts...ha...ha...nubs.

Lauren said...

because you guys don't look gay in your ck uniforms....
whatever. it's 2 freaking parades one right after another. you try it sometime.

Matt Wilson said...

I marched for 4 hours straight in portland. in the rain.

Matt Wilson said...

the rose parade.