Thursday, July 06, 2006

Dance, dance

I've spent most of my day on the computer. Let's see:
1. Blog
2. Play Sims for like 2 hours. Madonna and Troy had another baby. Val Kilmer will be so happy to have a baby sister. It took me forever to make at least 6 friends to get Madonna promoted, but now she's not being promoted because her work status is only "good", not "excellent". Curses. I want her to move up from A B-MOVIE STAR!
3. Tried to figure out the TV my uncle supposedly gave us. I can understand why. We only get channel 3. So far. I couldn't figure it out. So I had to watch "Bride and Prejiduce" on the computer. Not bad. I could click instead of using a tedious remote that DOESN'T WORK sometimes. But Johnny Wickam looked like a fish. I was like, "Why is there a shirtless fish dancing to Ashanti?" Actually, he wasn't shirtless, but his shirt was open. Wide open. And half the time he was hitting on Lalita, he was all :<> That's seriously what he looked like. Or :(l He has an interesting face. And I didn't think Darcy was very attractive either. He was an unattractive stalker.
4. Now here I am blogging AGAIN and reading recent movie reviews on http://www.pluggedinonline.com. GASP. MARCUS YOARS DISSED MY PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN! That's HORRIBLE. *bigger gasp* HE JUST TOLD ME A VERY, VERY IMPORTANT PLOT POINT. Okay, not so important. Jack and Elizabeth kiss, is all. BUT STILL. I would've LIKED to have been SHOCKED by that during the MOVIE. Dork. You are a very evil man. OMG. Listen to what he says:
"Thinking cynically for a moment—hard not to do considering the subject—it's not radical to suggest that the mammoth success of Black Pearl (which made more than $650 million worldwide) and likely similar results for Dead Man's Chest will keep Disney from second-guessing its decision to venture into darker family fare. But money won't be the motivator for families who already squirmed their way through the original's macabre moments and were hoping for a fun reprieve. For them, Dead Man's Chest will be the end of the line, the last breath, the eternal yawn. It'll be ... Davy Jones' locker."
Jerk. He didn't like any of my favorite movies either. He probably thought "Glory Road" was the worst movie ever shown. AWAY WITH YOU.
Matthew Stover isn't a very good author. He did an adaptation of "Revenge of the Sith" and it sucks. Stinks. Whatever. But it does. All the characters are WAY overdramatic (tho some of it was kind of amusing. "WHO IS IT? WHO?" "Annie, my life, my love...I'm pregnant.") and then he keeps switching from third person to first person. ("Anakin knelt to deliver the final blow. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker: etc.") Marcia suggested I do an adaptation that's better. I doubt George Lucas and Lucasfilms would let me after I've dissed his religious chain for such a time. My bad.
I had to take a shower. My hair was like an OIL RIG. Ooh, toasted vanilla and sugar.

No comments: