Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Absolutely ripping, topping swank

That pretty much describes the band concert we had tonight. Here's Lauren with the latest report:
Dude, Daniel wore a SUIT! I didn't recognize him and then he walks up and makes fun of my outfit (green shirt, green jacket, black jeans, black toed "scribbles" Converse). I was like, "DANIEL?" And he got his haircut. Then Tyrell was talking about how he wanted a suit. And that got us started on swimming trunks (don't ask).
My mom found a cellphone after the concert, but it wasn't mine. And it never would be. Cuz it's someone elses. :( It was nice, too. Hello, Moto.
Sevvie band was pretty good. I messed up once or twice. And my trombone was making a weird vibrating warble. So it sounded angry when I started playing. Lol. Intermediate band was super really good. Which surprised me. For wedgies. But their performance was ripping, absolutely ripping, topping swank. Which I haven't said in a while. I need to start again. I love that phrase. Oh yeah, I was talking about "Capt. Hook" today. And his invincible vest of spider silk. And Mrs. Moon thinks I'm a liar. Or a fiction. That made no sense. Anyway, back to the concert.
I helped put stuff back in the band room. And no one would get out of my way. I swear, everyone closed the doors on purpose when they saw me coming. Then Paul tried to open one, then decided not to. And I was like, "...thanks." Then, after like 6 minutes of toil and struggle and carrying both a chair and a crash cymbal (I think), I finally managed to get into the band room and the guy with the cool checkery hair was like, "Oh, that goes over there, thanks." And the cool drummer Matt guy said thanks. And I was like, "You're welcome..." The cymbal began to fall over. "...I think." I right it. I just realized I know a lot of Matts. Like, 6. Craazy.
I just had a milkshake. It was deceptively milky...and extremely shaky. I also had some Swiss Orange sherbet that I'd frozen on Saturday and was now the consistency of a Push pop. But now it's melted. :(

No comments: