Sunday, October 14, 2007

..::Periods and colons make good embellishments for poetry::..

So Nathan is leaving. So long, laptop. So long, Chess Titans and emulator games. So long, brother who looks like the guy from "Prison Break", only not black. Seriously, did you know that guy was mixed??? I didn't.
But I think college sounds pretty amazing. I mean, forget the fact that I have no idea what to do with my life, because everyone likes to shoot down the feeble ideas I do come up with. But it would be like high school, only YOU LIVE THERE! I'm sorry, but that sounds pretty fantastic. Actually, it's a lot less like high school because there's not as much social interaction and you have to listen to hour long lectures every single day, but there's school pride! And football! Not so much basketball, because college basketball is only fun on TV, but FOOTBALL!
I would sort of like to be on my own for a lil while, possibly forever, and escape this stupid rain and freezing temperatures, and take care of myself. But I'm sort of terrified of the dark sometimes, and I have no idea how to balance a checkbook, and I'm cool with a job as long it's at Starbucks, and does that pay for groceries??
So I guess I'm not living in the "real world" any time soon, because I've got a not so accurate view on all of it. Kind of knew that.
But don't you hate the people who give you the condescending smile and the freaking, "Don't grow up too fast?" It's like reverse psychology.
I just realized that whole monologue made absolutely no sense.
I did NOT get enough sleep last night.
But I watched "Gremlins" and part of "Small Soldiers", both pretty awful movies. Jay Mohr and Kirsten Dunst made me want to puke. And in "Gremlins", the Katey girl tells a stupid story about her dad died, and I am calling "Mythbusters", because I swear it's impossible.
So her dad climbed down the chimney in a Santa suit, his arms loaded with presents...and he slips and breaks his neck and dies. Um, right. Could you even fit down a chimney? Especially with all those presents??? And if you did slip, wouldn't you be more likely to hit your head or break a leg on the bottom. That's if you fit down the chimney.
La la la. Heh, my mom is buying me a chicken bake. I'm going to my grandma's. Life is all right. Sort of. Except for the fact that I'm not making ANY sense. And I suck at math.

40 comments:

Matt Wilson said...

small soldiers is an awesome movie, I don't know what your talking about.

Matt Wilson said...

waiting waiting waiting...comeon you gotta look on here sometime before you go to bed right? right?

Matt Wilson said...

I'd like to apologize for my sister. and me. for this morning. yeah sorry.

Matt Wilson said...

I know it starts out a bit cheesy and believe me I'm not a huge fan of the NAACP the liberal organization it is, and I've seen all the videos of the kids wit hthe 50 ft bellies starving to death and all that and w/e you think of this as overly pathos loaded as they are. towards the end especially I couldn't help but feel just a little moved by this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDueMj7RlsU

are you even aloud to use youtube?

Matt Wilson said...

glk;jafghl.

Matt Wilson said...

still not here yet eh? well I went and played a bajillion hymns at my grandparents to pass the time. and here I come back expecting to find something here...but nope...

do you really secretly hate me? I think so...

Matt Wilson said...

what do you think about this Osteen guy.

Matt Wilson said...

I'm so close to going to bed

Lauren said...

whatever. jay mohr ruined it for me.
i was watching 3-year-olds all day, what do you expect?
what's to apologize for?
i'm definitely not showing this to my dad... i hate tyra banks.
yeah i'm allowed to use youtube, but i hardly go on it because dial up is a pain. Waaaait why is bono accepting an award from the NAACP? irish is like the epitomy of white.
i'm assuming on guitar, right? no, i don't secretly hate you, although it's not like i would admit that if i did. because then it wouldn't be secret. "aw, dang, you caught me."
osteen?

Lauren said...

so i'm assuming you're really tired too?

Matt Wilson said...

woah woah wait...

Matt Wilson said...

wooo. I feel accomplished.

Matt Wilson said...

his this really popular preacher thats probably the antichrist (a little hyperbole...)

Lauren said...

so confused...but what else is new.

Matt Wilson said...

no on trumpet actually, I'm not proficient enough at guitar yet lol.

Matt Wilson said...

I'm only as mediocre as I am at yg after hours of practice.

Lauren said...

yeah, never heard of him...

Matt Wilson said...

when is your birthday (thats only hte 4th time I've asked you that...)

Lauren said...

gee, every teenager in america is trying to play guitar, and you're at least better than most of them.

Lauren said...

psh you don't get to know.

Matt Wilson said...

you didn't get goose bumps the last minute of that video?

Matt Wilson said...

I thought it was pretty special

Matt Wilson said...

is aim a pain for your dial up is that why you don't do that?

Lauren said...

didn't watch it all the way...guilty...
i used to have it on my computer but when we got new e-mail they deleted the file or something? i use aim express. :P

Matt Wilson said...

do you have any kinda instant messagin service? lol.

Matt Wilson said...

other wise I"m gonna limit my comments to this window
cause its slightly easier.

Lauren said...

eh i'm sorta on now...

Matt Wilson said...

hey you, yeah, you, a group of people are possibly going to the movies on tuesday and you are coming because I said so/do you like to play cards?/poker.

lol I remind myself so much of daniel/vice versa. I swear he wuold still be my best friend if he didn't live so far away.

Lauren said...

what are you guys seeing?/heh i play ripoff poker i guess.

i meant to ask that, where does he live exactly?

Matt Wilson said...

well I was going to see that elizabeth with cate blanchett clive owen and geoffrey rush, cause its the only remotely cool looking movie thats not rated R.

Matt Wilson said...

but we's got to think quick so yeah. what do you think?

Lauren said...

there's also "across the universe", but elizabeth sounds all right. what time?

Matt Wilson said...

I guess we changed it to thursday...uhm I do'nt know

Matt Wilson said...

4:05 thursday at the 4.

I picked that one cause I assumed you couldn't see any R rated movies...

Lauren said...

yeah assumption correct....
k that sounds good see you then?

Matt Wilson said...

lol are you gonna be there? for real? wow that was less negotiation than I was planning on.

Matt Wilson said...

I hate kara sooooooooo much. thats a strong word I guess but she just has no conciounce (so spelled wrong...) no common sense and the maturity level of a 6 year old.

Lauren said...

yeah, for real. and i'm bringing one of my friends. cuz i can, i guess?
what has she done this time?
and what can you expect from a 14 (15??) year old girl?

Matt Wilson said...

I don't know she is just. ugh. she does everything to spite me.

owned the PSAT today lol.

Lauren said...

nice. i'm pretty pumped for when i get to take it.

or maybe she does stuff and doesn't think about you.