Thursday, April 06, 2006

"I saved ya, little buddy!"

Note: If you're at the theater, craving Skittles, or are about to buy Skittles because it's a movie theater tradition that you have with...yourself, and the giant bag ripping $3.50 out of your pocket says, "Limited Edition Strawberry Ice Cream Flavor Inside", DON'T BUY IT!!! Stick with Poppables or something! I swear, strawberry ice cream Skittles are the NASTIEST things I've ever had. Don't get me wrong, I like the regular strawberry kind, but these were DISGUSTING! They were all creamy (like those disgusting smoothie ones) and I could seriously feel it MELTING DOWN MY THROAT!! So I spent the better part of "Ice Age 2: The Meltdown" digging through my reclosable bag of Skittles, trying to identify good from bad, and throwing the gross ones back in the bag. I happened to mistake strawberry ice cream for orange and lemon several times. Not pretty. Then I dropped like an 8th of the bag. :P But in the end, there were no more good Skittles to be found, and Emily had said she wanted the strawberry ones, so I willingly gave them to her. They resembled kidney beans...they were a sickly pinky color...
The movie itself wasn't so bad (note: if you haven't seen this and don't want the ending spoiled, DON'T READ ON!!!), even tho the basic point of the whole movie was, "Don't leave your herd! They need you!" and stressed heavily on animal diversity. Kind of like Tobymac. Except he stresses on HUMAN diversity. But there was much violence, thanks to scary alligator/whale/giant turtle four legged octopus creatures that traveled underwater and ate turtle like things. And then there were the puns involving language: "Dam (haha, the dam is bursting, get it! Although I doubt he meant it in that sense. Even tho he was a beaver...with a horn on his head.)!" "'Burro' is just a nickname. It's techincally called a wild ass." Stuff like that. Queen Latifah actually made a pretty good mammoth. But I saw most of the espursions on her butt coming. "Well, you're...attractive." "What about me is attractive?" "Well...your...butt!" And then Sid is ALMOST adopted into a tribe of mini Sloths, but then Diego is all, "Sorry, he has a prior commitment. His herd needs him." THAT, I think, was a very SELFISH move on Diego's part. Even tho he is a saber tooth tiger and is not to be reckoned with. Then it turns out that there's NOT two mammoths left on the Earth; THERE'S 2,000,000,000!!!! Well, probably not, but there were a lot, which makes me wonder where they were before. Were they HIDING? And there was this whole BIG tree think that serves as the boat when the valley floods, and it reminded me of the ark, and then I was like, "Wait! Big flood? Big boat? Lots of animals? They juts practically ADMITTED Noah happened!" The Bible IS copyrighted, you know. Get your own stories. SCRAT ALMOST DIES!!! Don't get me wrong, I WANTED him to die. I was really tired of rodents obsessing over acorns by the second stunt. Then he drowns and goes to nut heaven...but Sid saves him and Scrat gets mad and starts doing kung fu. Yeah.

No comments: