Saturday, December 01, 2007

I is blowed away.

IT SNOWED TODAY!!! Lol I love snow so much. I wish it would snow all the time. Is it possible for it to snow and not be cold? But, we live in Washington, so the fairytale was short lived and rain washed a lot of it away, but it snows off and on.
Agh, the library was closed, and I had a Madison Finn book there. CURSES.
Omg, I was so blown away by a book I just read that I decided to make an updated version of my favorite books. Eee, so excited.

1. "Prophecy of the Stones" by Flavia Bujor
Summary: Three girls are each given a magical stone and go on an adventure to fulfill an ancient prophecy.
I don't think as highly of this book as I did in sixth grade, and it's not the most polished piece of writing, but Flavia Bujor has a lot of talent and she wrote this book at the age of 12, I have a lot of respect for an author who makes me cry, and this book made me cry. Also, her parents didn't have to publish it for her, and the material in this book is completely original. *cough cough* CHRISTOPHER PAOLINI! *cough cough*

2. "Watership Down" by Richard Adams
Summary: Two rabbits, Hazel and Fiver, flee certain death with several other rabbits in order to find a place they can truly call "home".
I don't really books from an animal's point of view as much as I did when I was like, what, 6, but this book made me empathize with a bunch of rabbits. I really hated Bluebell, though.

3. "Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging: confessions of Georgia Nicholson" by Louise Rennison
Summary: Presents the journal of 14-year-old Georgia Nicholson, a British teen who desperately wants a smaller nose, new parents, a nicer cat, and a boyfriend - namely Robbie the Sex God.
You also have to respect an author that makes you laugh, and this book is hilarious, along with the rest of the series. Mr. and Mrs. Next Door are my new best friends.

4. "Bad Kitty" by Michele Jaffe
Summary: While staying at the Venetian hotel, forensics-obsessed Jas stumbles upon a murder mystery and proceeds to solve it with the help of her friends and bratty cousin.
I read it again this summer and it's just as hilarious as it was the first time.

5. "Hawksong" by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
Summary: Danica, a girl who can shapeshift into a hawk, and Zane, a boy who can shapeshift into a snake, reluctantly marry in order to restore peace between their peoples.
I read this book for the first time today and it blew me away. And the author was 19 WENT SHE WROTE THIS?? This book is sort of an anti-Irag allegory, but it's SOOOO GOOOD. And there's 4 MORE IN THE SERIES!!! SWEEET!!

6. "Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone" by J. K. Rowling
Summary: Harry Potter discovers his true destiny when it is revealed that he is actually a wizard.
How can you NOT love this book? My favorite part is when they talk about candy. This book was really that sad, but #5, #6, and #7 made me cry.

7. "P. S. Longer Letter Later" by Paula Danziger and Anne M. Martin
Summary: Tara*Starr and Elizabeth struggle to stay friends through snail mail after Tara's move to Ohio.
I first read this book in 3rd grade, and I don't understand how I could like it so much if Anne M. Martin was one of the authors, but it gets better every time. It's sequel "Snail Mail No More" is just as excellent.

I can't think of anymore. Dang. I'll probably wake up in the middle of the night and remember something. More tomorrow, possibly.

2 comments:

Matt Wilson said...

we got at least a foot of snow. no joke. no exaggeration.


bumb rain.

Lauren said...

agh i hate rain. maybe it will snow tomorrow, but probably not. it's so cool that the first 2 days of december have had snow.