Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Super Secret Pastor Matt post Part 2

Okay, I couldn't think of all the songs I could possibly like, and I didn't want y'all to laugh at me for liking Paul Oakenfold, so I'll just make a list of 10 of my favorite albums.

1. Atreyu, Lead Sails, Paper Anchor
THEIR GUITAR PLAYER IS INSANE!!! In "When Two Become One", he just goes insane. Props to Alex Varkatzas and Brandon Saller for their insane vocal abilities, though I think Brandon Saller is a better singer. I'm going to practice screaming the word "die" for 4 or more measures.
Great Songs: "Doomsday", "Honor", "Becoming the Bull", "When Two Become One", "Can't Happen Here", "Blow", "Lead Sails (And a Paper Anchor)"
Note: Some of you might want the edited version....

2. Family Force 5, Business Up Front, Party In the Back: Diamond Edition
You can say what you want, but they're pretty much amazing. Who knew a bunch of Southern guys could pull off a crunk album? And dance tracks about girls? I'm all over that. Thank you to whoever leaked the music video for "Never Let Me Go".
Great Songs: "Cadillac Phunque", "X-Girlfriend", "Drama Queen", "Earthquake", "Replace Me", "Lose Urself", "Supersonic", "Numb", "I Love You To Death", "Never Let Me Go"

3. Evanescence, Fallen
What happened? They were so good, then Ben Moody left and Amy Lee grew an ego. :P Even so, Amy Lee has one of the most beautiful female voices I have ever heard. Lol, like I know/like that many female artists. Okay, I admit, I do like Celine Dion. Don't go buy The Open Door. Just enjoy this album and pretend like The Open Door never actually happened.
Great Songs: "Bring Me To Life", "My Immortal", "Tourniquet", "Imaginary", "Hello", "Whisper"

4. The Classic Crime, Albatross
I love how this band is from Seattle. Now I have something to be proud of!!! Matt MacDonald is a cool kid. Except for their kinky and overly violent music videos, I love everything about this band, but I don't see how they sound AT ALL like Fall Out Boy.
Great Songs: Every song except for "The Flight of Kings" and "Say the Word"

5. The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Don't You Fake It
I kind of hated them at first, because "Face Down" was way overplayed, but then I bought this album and saw why people like them. Ronnie Winter is so good, and the musicianship is topnotch. And some of the members are Christians? That's pretty cool.
Great Songs: Every song but "Cat and Mouse" (though the piano part is nice)

6. Red, End of Silence
X 2006 was looking to be a pretty boring album with disappointing bonus tracks when they ended with the song "Already Over". :) Jasen Rauch has such a beautiful voice. "Pieces" is pretty much my favorite song; that piano and the strings together rock. Now they're suddenly being played on secular radio? That's pretty cool.
Great Songs: "Breathe Into Me", "Already Over", "Pieces", "Wasting Time", "Gave It All Away", "Already Over, Part 2"

7. Fall Out Boy, Take This To Your Grave
This was before their big break and Pete's suicide. Also before Pete started dating Ashlee Simpson and decided he was the best thing ever to walk the planet. Patrick Stump was only 19 when he did this album, and he used to be FOB's DRUMMER!!! :O He was still cute when this album came out. And Joe looked normal. And Andy had gingery hair.
Great Songs: "Dead On Arrival", "Grand Theft Autumn/Where Is Your Boy", "Homesick At Space Camp", "Sending Post Cards From A Plane Crash", "Chicago Is So Two Years Ago", "Grenade Jumper", "Reinventing the Wheel To Run Myself Over"

8. High School Musical Cast, High School Musical 2
Better music, hotter guys, and actual ACTING??? I'm there. Zac Efron is actually singing! And Ashley Tisdale is pretty talented. Only regret: that Vanessa Anne Hudgens had to be on the CD AT ALL. And that Oleysa Rulin only had one solo.
Great Songs: Every song BUT "Everyday" and "All For One" (MILEY CYRUS!!!)

9. Hairspray Cast, Hairspray Soundtrack
:O Nikki Blonsky is insane. I love that girl. Only I think Tracy Turnblad was the only role she'll ever get based on talent rather than figure. She was working at COLDSTONE when they found her. COLDSTONE!! Zac Efron, Queen Latifah, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Elijah Kelley also do a fantabulous job. John Travolta in drag makes me puke.
Great Songs: Every song but "I Can Hear the Bells", "You're Timeless To Me", and the last 2 bonus tracks.

10. Ugly Duckling, Taste the Secret
3 white guys get together and try to rap. They release a very humorous CD that isn't a rhythmless trainwreck. A+ for effort. I want a Meatshake. DEFINITELY BETTER THAN "BANG FOR YOUR BUCK". I mean, come on: "Break It Down" is the worst rap song I've ever heard.
Great Songs: Everything but "Goodnight Now". I. HATE. THAT. SONG.

Well, that's it. Hopefully I have inspired you to go out and buy these albums or legally download them so as not to take money away from these starving artists. Yeah, and now I have to go to bed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That rocked! (If you'll pardon the expression) Thanks so much! You really are a talented writer. :) How about a favorite movies list??

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren said...

Thanks, lol. I think I'm done for now.