Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Love is an overused word...but Kimberly Kirberger believes every teenager has been in love?? The big debate

Aaargh, not in a good mood, thanks to Tie.
Let's just say the neighborhood dogs have had enough of her and my finger has seen better days.
I got my learner's permit today, and I'm starting Driver's Ed tomorrow. Fun. XP It sounds a lot like science class: extremely boring. I mean, fun. Because there's nothing I'd rather do than take notes on what some old guy has to say about turn signals and parking brakes.
I wish they would warn you when they take the photo. The lady just told me to hold that smile. So of course I decide to look to the side and smile over THERE when the camera goes off. Yeah, I'm not stupid or anything. It was so bad, they let me take another picture.
My mom took me to a used bookstore, and we looked through the paltry Christian fiction section. About 11/12 of the bookcase was "Inspirational Christian Romances". "Love's Unending Promise" and all those stupid prairie books were among them. They did have some Judy Baer books, though. Argh, but Frank Peretti? Don't even bother reading his books. 9 times out of 10 the end has to do with angels and demons. "The Oath", however, had to do with a dragon that ate everyone's sin. Sorry I spoiled it. But I read parts of his books aloud to my mom to show her how ridiculous he is, and the old ladies in hats kept glaring at me.
Whatever. That's what they get for blocking the entire row when I wanted to get by to look at the Princess Diaries books.
My mom let me get this Chicken Soup book. I don't know why I picked it up, but I secretly love Chicken Soup, and this one was for Teens (with a capital T) on "Relationships".
It's pretty cheesy. The author means well, because she says in the intro that adults can be condescending and patronizing and that she won't give advice that falls into either category. But every other page has a cheesy crappy love poem on it. One was about falling into the abyss, and I seriously thought it was about hell until the final line of the poem said something about "falling into the arms of love".
Wow. Okay. Thanks, Christy Miller.
And the author truly believes that there is someone out there for everyone.
I'm not trying to sound hopeless or cynical (well, okay, I am trying to sound a little cynical), but I don't agree. Some people never find anyone, and there's nothing physically or emotionally wrong with them. They're just not meant to find anyone, I guess. Which sucks, don't get me wrong, but if there was really someone for everyone, why don't they find anyone? And the author says that if someone doesn't love you back, it's not because there is something wrong with you. But she also says relationships won't work if you don't love yourself, and you have to open yourself to love. So, essentially, if you're not getting any (or you're just eternally single), you're not opening yourself to love. Either that, or you don't love yourself. There have been people that are very self-confident (and not cocky or anything) and open to love that haven't found anyone!! They just don't!! And they're not doing anything wrong, though they feel like they are. No, I'm not an expert on love, but, interestingly enough, the author of the book is SINGLE!! So she can't exactly prove that there is someone for everyone when she has no one.
Argh. It just bugged me.
There's a chapter on unrequited love that I'm sort of looking forward to. Just because that's something everyone goes through, and it's nice to know I'm not the only one.
Wow. That sounded very emo and bitter. Trust me, I try not to dwell on crap like that. I just like being able to relate to people who have had the same experiences as myself.
That still sounded emo and bitter.
I think I need some time alone.

No comments: