Saturday, July 19, 2008

The FBI can't cover this up!!

Usually when a book is given a lot of media coverage or wins some prestigious award, people often try to cover up the voices of those who did not like said book.
Popular examples: "Eragon" and "Shades of Gray"
But I couldn't find one person who didn't like "Romiette and Julio".
Until I went on Amazon.
ALL of the reviews are 1 star!
SERIOUSLY!!
I never thought people would actually agree with me, but these people have the EXACT same problems with the book that I do. The hot sauce! The dialogue! The lack of subtlety! The "epic" teen romance!
I'm really enjoying reading these reviews right now.
And some of them are really mean! In a funny way!
My favorite is the one by Bob McBobberson.
But one of the reviews is rather confusing because she gave the book a one, but then went on her review to say she really enjoyed it and thought it was BETTER than the REAL "Romeo and Juliet".
Oh. No. You. Didn't. You have no idea how annoyed that makes me.
I know that Shakespeare is hard to understand, but when you actually TRY to understand what the characters are saying and/or use a translation while reading the play, you'll see that Shakespeare CAN write and DOES know what he's talking about. Argh. That's all I'm going to say.
Okay, so I'M stupid. I was on the 1-star review page. Ooooh. Most of the reviews are 5-star. :P

No comments: