Thursday, July 10, 2008

No, YOU'RE the bestest!

I've read almost 3 Madison Finns in the past 12 hours. Sort of overloaded on friend drama, boys, phrases like "cooler than cool" and "sweeter than sweet", and IM talk (OMG! DTS?).
"The Baby Borrowers" was good last night, but Luke's mom was such a loser. Sasha got frustrated with the baby, but she didn't hurt him or anything. Sure, she could've dealt with it differently, but Luke's mom was like, "Oh, Luke kept crying, so you didn't do anything right and you obviously weren't trying. You were the worst parents of all."
She obviously hasn't met Daton and Morgan.
So Sasha flipped out and started cussing that mom out and I felt so bad for her. The whole point of the evaluation is to have the parents tell the kids what they did wrong and right and give them CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM and ADVICE for next time. Luke's mom did neither. So my dad was like, "Sasha shouldn't have yelled at her," and I was like, "Didn't you hear ANYTHING the mom even said?" Sure, she shouldn't have yelled either, but she was right to object to the mom's ridiculously unfair judgements.
Austin turns out to be a good dad, even if he doesn't like kids. He put the twins in time out and they told him they were done crying. The parents really liked himm, too. Kelly is SOOOO annoying. He should dump her.
Alicea turned out to be a good mom, too, even after last week, and Isaiah, the kid she had, was SOOOO CUTE. Then Alicea was crying because she missed her mom and Isaiah was like, "She's coming back in a minute. She's just getting ready." It made me cry. Then Isaiah continued to do cute things, like go bowling, jump on the bed, and ask Corey if he was "the best guy".
I get how Morgan feels about her mom and everything, but she was kind of super annoying this time around. She did good with the older daughter, but not so great with Colton, who peed on the couch. And she's sort of a slacker.
I still think Sasha and Jordan are the best couple.
Kelsey and Sean are getting better. Sean is less of a jerk now, and he seems to really bond with all of the kids. Kelsey is so annoying, though. She's really needy and passive and stuff.
Austin is passive, too, which he attributes to his Southern upbringing. Whatever, just tell your girlfriend to shut up. Or dump her.
I just read "Kissing Kate", a book I'd contemplated reading since 6th grade, and it was good (Lauren Myracle's first book, and it was better than all her others), but I just wanted Lissa to get what she wanted. So it wasn't a SAD ending, but it wasn't a fully HAPPY ending, like with Hilary Frank's "I Can't Tell You". The main character was happy, but he hadn't gotten the girl. :(
AAAAH I also found Nick Hornby's "A Long Way Down", which I've been wanting to read since 7th grade when Mrs. Moon reccomended it to us. I really CANNOT wait to read it.
But now I'm on a Harry Potter binge. So far I'm on the second book, which is taking me a while to finish, but I got #'s 4 and 5 at the library in PAPERBACK!! SWEET!!! I wasn't so lucky with #6, but you can't have everything.
I also just read "Unbelievable". I accidentally saw the surprise ending when I was flipping through to find out how many pages were in it, so I knew who A was about halfway through the book. Oh well. It's the best one in the series so far. There were a lot of twists. Sara Shepard might be a LITTLE overrated, but she's definitely a good writer. Who knew Hannah would become human? Aria I think is my favorite, though. I kept cheering for Emily and Maya, but that fell through. :( Then Trista was there for a little while...so it was all very confusing.
It annoys me, though, that Republicans are always rich, white homophobes in those books. Yes, there are SOME like that, but it's such a stereotype and it's pretty offensive to read about. Yes, offensive. They're often sort of "religious", too, and you know what that means. It's just annoying.

No comments: