Friday, July 18, 2008

Prose sucks; don't do it.

Well, I survived my first drive today, as you can already tell.
It wasn't as bad as I'd expected. Pheobe went first, so I got to watch what she did before messing up myself.
I messed up too many times to count, so the observation didn't exactly help any. That's okay, though. I backed the car into a parking space without hitting anyone!
I was feeling bored and annoyed with the fact that I have to carry my wallet/coin purse/thing in my pocket, so I went out and bought a purse. At Walmart. For cheap. It's cute, though, and my mom helped pay for it. Now I'm trying to convince my mom to buy me a cellphone to put IN the purse. She was practically crying, something about how I'm growing up. Yeah. I'm on my way to becoming a girl. Woman. Whatever. Something of that sort.
UGH, Sharon M. Draper's "Romiette and Julio" sucked something serious. I got it because it was an ALA best book and I love all things Romeo and Juliet, but this was just BAD. And I know that if I say it's bad, it doesn't prove that it was a badly written book or that she's a bad author, but in my honest opinion? I'm shocked that anyone could stand it for long enough to read all of it. It was sappy, the word choice felt wrong, the characters were annoying, and NO teenager would say ANY of the things that were written in the hideous dialogue. Think I'm being harsh? Read it. Agh, what a waste of time. And it was supposed to be about overcoming racial prejudice, yet the Mexican guy named his dog "Taco"?
Tie has taken to sleeping on my bed whenever I'm not home, or when I'm not looking. She disappeared for an hour and I found her curled on my pillow.
Aw, Paul Foot got kicked off "Last Comic Standing". His prop comedy routine was pretty awful, though. "I'm, uh, the Cat Assassin. This is like China, you see? China, because it's oppressive. There's oppression." Bill Bellamy practically dragged him off stage. Papa CJ's was bad, too. Sean Cullen and Jeff Dye did the best sets, so I no longer hate Jeff Dye. He proved himself worthy, lol. Adam Hunter and Ron G still suck, though. Especially Adam Hunter. They almost put him into elimination, but they didn't. Because they wanted Iliza. And she MURDERED them.
"Barry Bonds' baseball glove! Barry Bonds' testicles! Britney Spears' mind! LOOK HOW IT JIGGLES!"

No comments: