Thursday, July 24, 2008

Lifelong happiness or hot babes?

Really now, if you were blind and were dying of a terminal illness, and your girlfriend brought you a cure, but it could only cure one of the two things, which would you choose?
Because being able to see is all well and good, but if you died a month later, WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT?
Wouldn't you rather live with your significant other as a healthy man (or woman, but whatever) for the rest of your life, even though you can't see anything?
It kind of relates to, "It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all," but that's such utter bullcrap. Well, I guess it all depends on how you look at it, and you can have your own opinion, but when your true love dies and you spent such a short time together, I'd rather have never loved than be all alone remembering my now DEAD partner and all the wonderful times we shared...forever and ever.
Dude, Vera Chapman was so COOL!!
Not only did she write "The Three Damosels" (which I am enjoying immensely), but she founded the first Tolkien Society...and convinced J. R. R. Tolkien himself to join!!!
And then her book "The King's Damsel" was the book the movie "Quest for Camelot" was based on!!! NO WAY!!! That is so AWESOME!!
I thought the name Ruber sounded familiar. AAAAH!
I just finished "The King's Damsel", and that's where I got the above question.
That brings up another interesting question, though: if you had to be blind, deaf, or mute, which would you be?
I'd pick mute, because I'd still be able to communicate in various ways, and it would still be possible for me to read and hear music.

No comments: