Monday, May 21, 2007

To Spite Johnny Depp and West Side Story

I just realized I've been trapped in a vortex of bad movies lately. The latest was "West Side Story", aka a depressing piece of crap. I remember not wanting to see it when Mom told me it was just like Romeo and Juliet. I hate that play, for the most part. Yet I can't wait to do it in 9th grade. Hm...
But I just couldn't remember everyone's "real" names from the play. I had the basic characters right, I just couldn't remember any of the stupid names. I think it was Benvolio and Tybalt I had mixed up. Mercutio was his bff, right? Mercutio rules; if I ever do "Romeo and Juliet" his part is mine.
Why is it that all the cool characters in plays/movies are guys? You never see an exceedingly witty girl character. Unless you count Hillary Duff.
HAHAHAHAHA.
I just couldn't get over the fact that all the Sharks are supposed to be Puerto Rican, and Gino is Filipino. I kept screaming during the beginning, "NO! HE'S ASIAN! HE'S ASIAN! WHAT'S HE DOING SPEAKING SPANISH?" A few of my friends are Filipino and last time I checked that wasn't Spanish.
I have become a celebrity. My new government position has rocketed me into popularity.
NOT.
But I had A LOT of people I don't normally hang out with congratulating me and saying they voted for me. I noticed one of them wasn't either of my opponents. Don't really blame them, but I made one cry??? I have a head of security already, two secretaries, and three would-be assassins.
I'M MAKING A BLAKE LEWIS DOLL! With blonde hair. I've seen every hairstyle in the black section and it probably wouldn't work.
Best album ever: "To Spite Johnny Depp" by Trip Wilson.
Looong story.
Don't try looking it up on Amazon.
But they're pretty much my favorite band.
LOL.

No comments: