Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Ooooh, burn

We watched "Charly", based on the novel "Flowers for Algernon", today and yesterday. It was so lame. The book wasn't that good either, but this movie was weird.
Guy is mentally handicapped with an IQ of 70.
Guy gets operation that will supposedly make him smart like a mouse who has undergone said operation.
Guy beats mouse in race and his IQ skyrockets.
Guy's emotional needs grow and he starts hitting on his *engaged* teacher.
Guy starts stalking teacher.
GUy attempts to rape teacher.
After failed rape attempt, guy leaves to join a biker gang, score lots of girls, and take acid trips.
Guy returns to find teacher in apartment.
Guy runs around sleeping with teacher and making out with her in boats and on carousels.
Guy appears at scientific convention and reveals that his IQ will return to normal.
Mouse dies (it's totally fake).
Guy gets chased by creepy alter ego.
Guy returns to normal after refusing a marriage proposal from lovesick teacher.
It was pretty depressing. The marriage proposal scene was kind of funny.
Teacher: I want some coffee. *awkward silence* Marry me, Charlie.
Charlie: ....I'll get you a spoon....
Teacher: Marry me, Charlie. *silence* Fine then, don't marry me. *more silence* I'm just going to sit here until you tell me to leave. Then I'll just get up and leave.
Charlie: Leave. Please.
At least he was polite about it. But the whole class was like, "Did he just tell her to leave? Ooooooh, BURN!"
Then it ends with the teacher all staring at him forlornly while he plays on the playground with children and his newly reacquired 70 IQ.
OUCH.
We got "West Side Story" and some Copland tribute in band. They're both really hard. Which is new. For us, anyways. But when he passed it out, I was crying on the inside. ANd yelling on the outside, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
I finished "Misery". It was good, but I don't know if I so much like his happy endings. His stories are so gory and stuff...and then there's a happy ending. Just doesn't sit well. Or it's progressing happily...and he plods over to Emoville.
Hm. I'M GETTING THE LOTR RADIO DRAMATIZATION!!!!! YAY!!!! Aragorn has a funny voice. "My name is AAAAAAaaraaaaaaaaagoooooorn son of Aaaaaaraaaaathorrrrrn. Aaaaaaaaaaaxe, boooooooooow, and swoooooooooooord." Sam is amazing and very Samlike. Ian Holm is the voice of Frodo, which is funny.

What Lauren Means

L is for Lovesick

A is for Adaptable

U is for Unreal

R is for Revolutionary

E is for Elitist

N is for Nervy


HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, that's so lame. I am so not adaptable. Elitist...my vocabulary needs work. I thought it was so good, but I'm not good at questions asking me what the heck a word means.
They might not do French next year. NO! NO NONONONO!!!!!!! AAAAAGH! I NEED FRENCH TO LIVE! If I don't do it at school, WHERE WILL I LEARN???/// I'm not waiting till I get to high school to take it. I'm taking it next year or nothing.
OUT FROM BONEVILLE. Bone is adorable. I love Bone.
Hmhmhm.
I ran out of Sudoku books. Or they're just really hard.
I love Fall Out Boy. It's true.
Kelsey was all, "Why do you like THEM?" Like it was a BAD thing.
I feel like biting something.
Those Milkway caramels are GOOD.
Beanpole, beanpole.

No comments: