Saturday, March 31, 2007

The only dry eye in the house

I guess romance movies just aren't my thing. I mean, I've only seen like 2. Maybe more, but I hate them. A lot.
Mr. Darcy just doesn't do anything for me.
I'm saying this because we watched "The Notebook" last night at like 12:00 A.M. That, besides "Pride and Prejudice" and "The Lake House", was the lamest romance I have ever seen.
Okay, it's about this woman with Alzheimer's who doesn't remember anybody, and this guy comes to the nursing home EVERYDAY to read a love story about two kids named Noah and Allie to her, and it turns out the ENTIRE movie is this GIANT flashback of the old guy and old chick, only the stupid lady doesn't remember it all, so she's like, "Gee, I wonder what the end is." I DIDN'T, however, because in the middle of the movie, the old guy's kids come and introduce themselves to the lady, and she's like, "Oh, nice to meet you," and when she's napping, they're all, "Dad, it's hopeless, Mom don't remember us, yo." I thought it was one of the dumbest scenes because it basically gave away the whole story and the whole ending.
OH, but the ending was SO PRICELESS. I swear, I was the ONLY PERSON not crying. I was actually on the verge of laughing because it was SO PREDICTABLE:
Noah (the old guy) finally gets Allie (the old chick) to remember, but then she reverts and has a panic attack, so he's all, "DANG IT!" and has a heart attack. When he comes back from the hospital, Allie remembers and asks him if their love can create miracles, and HE believes so, so they go to bed and in the morning they're both dead.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!
It was basically a huge waste of time.
But the sleepover was really fun last night, despite what I thought before. Only people kept spraying me with silly string and it got in my hair, then Nicole got Funny foam all over my shirt, and that stuff STAINS, so there's the off chance I'll never wear this shirt again.
I spent like half an hour working on lay ups. I love basketball now. I can't wait till next year. Hopefully I'll get first semester PE.
Coach Cline is in Mississippi right now. Maybe I'll buy her old school Stellar Kart when she gets back.
OH YEAH, at the awards ceremony, I GOT COACH'S AWARD! It came with a TROPHY! I seriously did not see it coming. It felt pretty cool.
Gross, I hate like 4 pieces of 4 layer chocolate cake last night.
And a lot of chips.
And a lot of MD.
And I only got like 2.5 hours of sleep before the parents so cruelly woke us up. It was torture. Then I walked home at like 6:15 A.M. when it was still kind of dark and it was raining and my sleeping bag had unrolled and I was SO tired. The 100 foot walk or so to my house took FOREVER. And I only knocked twice, but the door was locked and it was cold and I started crying, but then I got to go to bed and got 6 hours of sleep. Then I had a Hot Pocket and cake for brunch and played the dumb romance game (got some surprisingly good guys) and listened to the LOTR radio drama thing.
I love this game. What to do with $1000? On the off chance you might win a grand from, say, a sweepstakes in the near future, what would you be more inclined to do with it? Adopt a puppy from the animal shelter or throw a huge, catered party for your goldfish.
Definitely puppy.
Hahahaha, I am so addicted to Romance. It's probably the dumbest game this planet has ever seen, but it's so much more fun than reality. I mean, what guy in real life has a great family, knows everything about the history of the wheel, and has GREEN HAIR?
Yeah. NO ONE.

No comments: