Sunday, April 20, 2008

More than useless...but less than useful

AAARGH, I AM TRYING, OKAY!!! I AM TRYING TO BE TALKATIVE AND NICE AND LESS ALOOF AND INTIMIDATING!! BUT I CAN'T!!!
I can play the whole game with adults. I can be polite, talk to them, say all the right things without seeming...I don't know, in some way bad.
But when it comes to people my own age, I CAN'T. My throat LITERALLY dries up and nothing will come out!!
Take this morning for instance:
I'm sitting there in Pastor Mike's office with my dad, eating a really delicious chocolate chip granola bar, and it really was the tastiest thing I'd had all morning. Someone my age comes in and strikes up conversation (okay, he was talking to my dad, but still), and bam. I can't talk, I feel all nervous, and if I take one more bite of granola bar, I'll puke.
Which sucks, cuz I was REALLY hungry.
So it's just not going to work. I'll stick with the friends I have, thanks.
Other than that, church was pretty amazing. My dad and I played in the horn section on worship team. Then there was a guest speaker, who was talking about getting "really passionate", so that was cool.
Then there's a Pie fellowship tonight, which should be fun, because there's pie, but it's like a church marathon, seeing as we already spent 6 hours there.
Mwahahaha, I never have to go to Sunday School again.
Moving on from church.
Lol, "The Last Pony Ride" looks pretty amazing. I hear Mike breaks things off with Tommy.
Whoo, Lego Star Wars!!

No comments: