Thursday, April 03, 2008

I now know why my parents hate me.

Ew. Ew. Ew. Never watching "Quest For Camelot" EVER again.
Because Cary Elwes is the voice of Garrett. I knew his voice really bothered me for some reason, but I didn't know why.
Okay, when you look on the back of the movie, it doesn't look like there's anyone famous enough to have their name put on the back, but hello? Pierce Brosnan, Cary Elwes (ewwww), Celine Dion, Gary Oldman, Don Rickles, and Eric Idle provide the voice talents for this movie. Wows.
"The King and I" was even worse. I guess the filmmakers decided if they smushed 2 hours of plot, a few of the award-winning songs, and tons of "hilarious" slapstick humor into 90 minutes of cartoon, it would be great AND kid-friendly.
Not so much.
The songs were great...except Anna Leonowens had the MOST ANNOYING singing voice ever. Too breathy, and she sounded like the mom from "The Swan Princess".
Aaagh, just too awful. It was pretty racist, too. Master Little? Painful. And they gathered elements from ALL Asian cultures and tried to pass it off as Siamese.
The worst part? They didn't even use the theme from the original "The King and I".
However, Tuptim and Chululongkorn sang "I Have Dreamed", my absolute FAVORITE song from the original film (even though it technically wasn't in the original one).
Oh yeah, the delectably shirtless Lun Tha was missing, replaced by a grown-up Chululongkorn. Lol. And Tuptim was a flower arranger instead of a concubine, because concubines are not family appropriate. And, you know, it would be really awkward if the Crown Prince wanted to get with the girl his dad has been sleeping with.
Aaagh, Louis kept forgetting to put on his British accent. Kralahome = so evil. But he didn't even wear a skirt!
ROFL, there's a board on IMDB for "The King and I" entitled: I was on the staff of this movie and even I hate it.
So I'm watching it again this afternoon.
AAAAAAAH I FOUND A DRESS FOR FRESHMAN!!!!
It's a black halter with pinkish polka dots and netting under the skirt. I also got Vans that look like slippers to go with it.
So pumped.

No comments: