Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Blowing off God for reality television

I wish I could justify it by saying there was a really good episode of "Hell's Kitchen" on.
Dave Ramsey does not look like he sounds. Somehow I picture a thin balding blonde man with glasses and a brown jacket, not a round bald man with FACIAL HAIR and glasses.
There is quite a difference between BALD and BALDING.
Welcome to the force, Drew.
Track is still amazing. Daniel runs like Pamela Anderson. Everyone sucks at long jump! 3 miles today. 3 miles. Wow.
Haha.



You Are a Brazil Nut



To most people, you seem exotic, unusual, and even a bit scary.

But you're really quite normal. You're just hard to get to know.

If people leave you alone and let you do your thing, you really shine.

But you tend to get lost in a crowd, especially if it's filled with big personalities.


Sensible people never follow the advice of online quizzes.
Right?
RIGHT?
Agh, the trombone music for church is so hard. Pretty ridonkulous.
Agh, "A Walk to Remember" is SOOO SAD. The book, not the extremely crappy Mandy Moore movie.
I apologize for the unnecessary alliteration.
But it was pretty hard to get into until the very end, where Jamie is dying and Landon is reading the Bible every single day. Agh. Nicolas Sparks slays my soul.
Hurray for random quizzes.
"Leaper" by Wendy Mass is an amazing book, as is "Crushed" by Laura and Tom Mcneal.
Heh. Phone calls with boys are so much nicer. Maximum length about...30 seconds.
OMG, "BEAUTY AND THE GEEK"! So it was the makeover episode, which is the best episode of every season. Greg and Tommy look amazing ("I'm hot with a W!"), but Matt, Chris, and Jason sort of look the same. Joe looked good, but he's SO ANNOYING, and he kept being like, "I don't feel comfortable, this is so stupid, I hate this, I'm going to go cry in a corner."
Their challenge was to write and perform a soap opera scene with the theme "Prom night". Jason and Kristine's was beyond lame. "You are so hot. *takes off shirt*" Superjew!! Chris and Cara's was pretty much hilarious. "Where was Mike when you were abducted by pirates? How about the time when he skipped lunch to get on his motorcycle and fake his own fiery death!!??" Lol. Greg and Randi should have won.
Greg: *leaping off the bed* STOP!! I just can't do this anymore!
Randi: Why?
Greg: Do you really want to know why?
Randi: Yeah.
Greg: Do you REALLY want to know?
Randi: WHY?
Greg: I'm gay.
Randi: *slap*
Greg later said, "When she slapped me, I was so shocked. That was NOT acting." I don't know, you just had to see it.
Joe and Tara = BEYOND LAME. They both take themselves way too seriously.
Heh. Tommy and Amanda's was pretty good. It turns out Tommy was a psycho killer and he poisoned Amanda. "We could've had something really special together."
Agh, Matt and Leticia's was kind of corny and he ended up kissing her, so they won, but it was pretty soap opera-y, so I guess it was obvious that they had to win.
Because characters in soap operas don't get abducted by pirates.
Although one of the actors on "The Young and the Restless" was like, "Abducted by pirates? That is so brilliant, I'm putting that on the show!"
Ew, those actors did the worst love scene ever. It almost put me off heterosexuality forever, it was so boring.
Yeah. I'm still straight, though, don't worry.

No comments: