Saturday, April 19, 2008

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

"God Wants You to Shine" was pretty spectacular. The creepy drummer guy tries to rape Faith in a bathroom, but she runs away and her little brother protects her. It was so sweet. Then later he (the brother) gives her his autographed Yankees baseball and is all, "Whenever you look at that baseball, I want you to know I've got your back."
But she gives it back and he gleefully accepts it.
Nellie is still a horrible friend, but then she realizes that what goes on between Faith and Niles is NONE OF HER BUSINESS, and then she gets burned big time by Ethan, so Faith stays friends with her.
They adopt Faith's cousin Belle, too, because her mom got in a car accident, like in "Raising Helen" (only unlike that movie, the mom doesn't die...and they never say what happened to the dad). But they seperate Belle from her brothers...what's up with that?
INFP.
Anyways, NILES!!!!!! He just randomly comes up to Faith one day and is all, "Well, I'm going to be honest with you. I really like you. I think about you all the time. I know all of your schedule, and show up all the time in the halls."
!!!!!!!!!!!
Kind of creepy, but what teenage guy would have the balls to say that to someone's FACE?
But Faith is like, "Well, I want to still be friends with Nellie, so I can't be with you." Then she runs away.
But later, she's like, "Niles, are you dating anyone else, because I'm sort of in love with you," and Niles is all, "Sweet!!"
But they're not going out or anything.
Yet.
Faith is KIND of a Christy Miller, but a lot better and more relatable.
And she's not dating a surfer named Todd, thank goodness.
Yeah, that's how I spent my morning.
There was an article in Christianity Today that was like, "How do we save Christian bookstores? Stop making them so religious!"
So true.

No comments: