Saturday, November 24, 2007

Woman power!!!

I am never watching movies with my brothers again.
I think I just suck at picking them out, though. Movies, not...yeah.
So we decided to have a little bonding sleepover. Yeah. Cuz we're nerds. So we rented movies to celebrate the occasion; "Hairspray", "UHF", and "Robin Hood: Men In Tights".
"Hairspray" was good a second time around, but I still think the second half is way flat, and the ending was way too long. But the music was great, and I'm in love with the soundtrack.
Aaaaaagh, "UHF" with Weird Al Yankovic when he still had a Jew-fro! (not racist...) I don't know if it was the best movie I've ever seen or the worst movie I've ever seen. He daydreamed that he was Rambo...but he made a sandwhich out of a Twinkie, a hot dog, and Cheez Wiz. And there was this guy Bob who had the ugliest hair I think I've ever seen. It was way random and Michael Richards played a really freaking annoying janitor/TV host.
Man, Cary Elwes sucks. Since the movie was by Mel Brooks, I was expecting something really good. Hello, "Spaceballs"? Guess not. It was just really dumb and not funny and Cary Elwes can't act. Dave Chappelle was in it, though, and he's pretty funny. He was the only thing that made it worth it. Other than that, :P.
Yay I saw "Enchanted", though. THAT was pretty AMAZING. It was everything my life probably should have been. Except James Marsden REALLY creeped me out and the evil henchman was played by the Peter Pettigrew guy. Yeah, the giant balding rat, only in this movie he had long luxurious hair. Amy Adams is my new best friend, and it was nice to see Patrick Dempsey playing something other than a manslut. Awwww it was just so adorable and amazing. It was kind of weird, I saw Alicia in the bathroom afterwards, but it was pretty cool talking to her after like....a long time???
Popcorn was good, too.
I love Atreyu so much. "When Two Become One" = my new favorite song.
Except there's this song I keep hearing on the radio that's like the hardcore version of "Lose Yourself". Aaaagh AND THEY WON'T TELL ME THE NAME!!
Why does "Alvin and the Chipmunks" look like a good movie?

17 comments:

Matt Wilson said...

hmm...I've never seen space balls. cary elwes CAN act (saw?) lose yourself the ff5 song? never listened to atreyu and honestly I don't have a good first impression of them. sound like suicidal wrist slitting athesitical types. but I've argues in the past that music is music despite who writes it. so I dunno. I guess I'm a hypocrite. what is UHF?

Lauren said...

he cannot. he's not funny at all, he's freaking in love with himself, and the only character he can play is westley.
hey atreyu is amazing.
:P it's this really awful weird al movie.

Matt Wilson said...

have you seen saw? he's really good in that movie. he completely convinced me he was actually sawing off his foot with a hack saw. and princess bride? granted thats not exactly a 4 star acting movie. but still. he's good in there. do you know that guy in law and order is inigo montoya? lol. or was...

aren't they like...underoath or something? you know the genre underoath is in is the only genre I can safely say I really just do not like. like I like project 86 and demonhunter and disciple alot but. not underoath. I dunno.

whats UHF stand for?

Matt Wilson said...

I got relient K's christmas cd after searching all weekend at every store I could think of in silverdale. I had to go bremerton to find it. at wal-mart. and I saved money compared to itunes too.
so yeah I was at wal-mart when you posted that at 7:48...

Matt Wilson said...

are you coming to yg? o.O

Matt Wilson said...

and my GPA for this quarter was (I almost wrote corder) was 3.3 something. but definitely room for alot of improvement.

on another rather random note. I just realized that whenever I imagine my self talking in my like. daydreams? I guess. or like. I dunno in my...musings in my head aboujt what I might do. I always have a british accent. kinda weird.

Lauren said...

no i haven't seen saw but in any comedic film he's been in he's sucked.
i guess you could say they're like underoath because they scream, but they're more tolerable and a lot better.
walmart the store of champions, lol.
yeah are you?
dang my GPA was 3.1.
i have absolutely no idea of how to reply to that.

Matt Wilson said...

yes I am but the music is gonna be sub par! woo hoo! go mediocre man!

yay for room for improvement!

Matt Wilson said...

2 sentences a day does not quench my thirst!

Matt Wilson said...

sorry if that really creeped you out

Lauren said...

it was not subpar. it was...opposite of subpar, lol, no brain cells.
curse school.
yeah it did...

Matt Wilson said...

haha...ha...ha?

yeah it actually went well. or better than it has gone in the past by a few points. next week we're gonna hvae a small ensemble hopefully.

Lauren said...

ensemble? sounds exciting.

Lauren said...

wait, ensemble defined as being a....

Matt Wilson said...

prolly like...me and chase. and jason on various auxiliary percussion maybe.

Matt Wilson said...

it all depends on how the "practice" goes.

Lauren said...

hope that goes well then.