Friday, November 23, 2007

Critics know all.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh. I thought "Bring it On" was bad. But no. No, no, no, there are things much, MUCH worse out there.
Such as "August Rush".
Okay, two people meet, have sex on a rooftop, girl gets pregnant, gets hit by a car, evil Dad puts baby up for adoption and tells girl it's dead, parents never see each other again, little boy becomes music prodigy, escapes from orphanage, crap happens, goes to Juillard, composes some magical piece, is played a concert, and parents get back together while smiling at little boy.
No resolution. No realism. Just boring, boring, boring. And confusing. I think the previews and the Milk Duds were the best part.
But there were some pretty promising previews. "27 Dresses" and "P. S. I Love You" look really good, except for Hillary Swank.
Amanda and I were laughing the entire time. It was pretty bad.
But I'm seeing "Enchanted" tomorrow at 10:00 AM - FOR $4!!!
Yay.
Happy belated Thanksgiving, I guess.

6 comments:

Matt Wilson said...

I told everyone I thought. after I saw the previews for that. "anyone that goes to see that movie is an idiot..." I mena look at the previews? that is such an insult to every serious musician like ever. imo I dunno I didn't see the movie actually but from the previews? rediculous.

sure mozart was writing worldclass music as a pre-teen, and sure I believe theres such a thing as a prodigy. but that. oh man. no.

Lauren said...

wtf yeah the movie sucked but how is this an insult to every musician?? it's a movie about a prodigy that sucked.

Matt Wilson said...

.........ok nvm.

Matt Wilson said...

I went back and read some of that please understand me book for w/e reason. hahaha. random...or really not so random.

Lauren said...

so confused.

Matt Wilson said...

hahaha