Saturday, January 19, 2008

Democracy is a good idea (and good entertainment!)

OMG!!!! I SAW "27 DRESSES"! I READ "PRINCESS MIA"! I FINISHED "MAXIMUM RIDE: SAVING THE WORLD AND OTHER EXTREME SPORTS"!!!!! In other words, a good Saturday.
So "27 Dresses" was pretty good, but sort of really depressing. James Marsden is growing on me, but I've seen at least 6 of his movies in the past 6 months. I really like Katherine Heigl. "Don't you have needs?" "Nope. I'm Jesus." EW, the boss guy was SOOOO creepy and the little sister was such a slut. And she treated Jane like crap the entire movie, and she never really owned up to it. "You ruined my wedding!" "You based your entire relationship on lies!" "...but you ruined my wedding! Because you're jealous of me!" My favorite part in the whole movie was when Jane tells her best friend Casey and Casey screams, "That selfish whore!!" during yoga. I don't know what Jane's problem was; I liked some of the dresses, especially the one from that "goth" girl's wedding. White wedding dresses suck.
I love Maximum Ride!!! It was sort of confusing, but shocking and amazing and Max is Mexican?? That's cool. Wings? Mega boys? Ari becomes a good guy and wears plaid? So cute, I love Ari. I would so make out with Fang in a cave. I'm going to check out his "blog". No ways, it's real! Awesome. I sort of really hate Total. Fang and Max = sooo cute.
Dang it, Fang, why'd you have to call him "Billy" Shakespeare?
OMG, "PRINCESS MIA" IS THE BEST PRINCESS DIARIES EVER!!!
I THINK MY JP THEORY IS RIGHT!!! w00t!!! I underestimated Meg Cabot. So Mia spends like 50 pages brooding over Michael (loser), but it gets better. And there's actually a plot. I like Mia's therapist. Lilly is such a *see above on 27 dresses*. J.P. is pretty much the most amazing boy in the world. Mia's sort of clueless. Okay, really clueless. And Kenny blows up the school. Ha. Not even lying.
JP: ...there's something I've been meaning to tell you for a long time now, and every time I start to, something seems to happen to interrupt me, so I'm just going to say it now, even though this might not be the ideal moment. And I know you're going to freak out now, because that's what you do. So put down your pen and take a deep breath. Mia, I'm in love with you. I know up until now we've been just friends - good friends - but I want more than that. And I think you do, too.
Awww. I almost started crying, no lies. This was worse than that one episode of "Ugly Betty" where Gio hugs Betty and he looks so happy, but she doesn't even notice!!!, because Mia's just like, "Crap, Kenny blew up the building! Gotta go, J.P.!" She kisses him at the end. Awwww. For once in my life, I don't know what's going to happen. I bet it's going to be a showdown between Michael and JP. I don't know about you, but I'm voting JP.
I hadn't realized he doesn't normally wear jeans. I always pictured him wearing jeans. Just saying.

No comments: