Saturday, January 05, 2008

Steven Spielberg is a racist git.

Okay, I know many might disagree, but "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" is probably the worst movie I've ever seen. Even if you have demons on your side, it's anatomically impossible to rip out someone's heart. And the special effects were SO FAKE! I don't care if it was 1984, the High Priest was ripping into rubber, not flesh, and everyone could tell. I was hoping for something at least a little scarier. And why would all those Indian people agree to be in it? It was SO RACIST! Indians eat curry, not snakes, and lentils, not chilled monkey brains. Way to go, Steven Spielberg. Someone needs a lesson in filmmaking.
"Were you and Trudy...intimate?"
"We held hands A LOT. Sometimes we woke up and found we'd been holding hands all night."
"Yes, but was there anything besides holding hands?"
"Look at the time, I need to go!"
I read two pretty good books: "Going Under", by Kathe Koje, and "Face", but Benjamin Zechariah. I saw the first one and was like, "EVANESCENCE SONG!" And there was what I thought was an apple with pills inside on the cover. Turns out it was a pomegranate spilling pomegranate seeds, because the whole focus of the book was the Persephone myth. So sad. I thought Ivan was going to commit suicide.
Okay, if I'd been in a car accident and had my face horribly disfigured, and my boyfriend started acting like a jerk and cheating on me, I would kill him. But that was not the lesson to be learned in "Face". The main character took the high road and insulted her to her face. Pwned.
I love my shoes. Paul doesn't like my shoes, but he has spinners. "4 and 9 and 0 and 10 and 7 and 6 and 2 and 3 and 1 and 4 and 8 and...."

No comments: