Sunday, January 06, 2008

That's not all we shared.

"Temple of Doom" was definitely the worst Indiana Jones, but "The Last Crusade" ruined the entire trilogy for me. And he and his father screwed the same girl?? Whaat?? And it's justified, because "they're only human". I'm sorry, but that's disgusting.
Do do do do. I watched the last half of "Pride and Prejudice" (the good one with Colin Firth, not that joke with Keira Knightley) and it was all right, but I hate Jane, Lydia is a slut, Miss Bingley looks like that unibrow girl from "Dodgeball", and Mr. Bingley is way too jocular to live.
"The Wish List" by Eoin Colfer is a really good book. The theology is messed up, but it's really clever and so much better than the lame "Artemis Fowl" series. One of the best books I've read in a long time.
I've read 4 good books in a row. Huh. Then I decided to finish the Christmas themed Madison Finn and plowed through Pony Pal #31. Neither was very satisfying. Actually, the Madison Finn book was good because there was so much drama and the creepy stalker Drew kid was in it a lot.
"I'm going to Switzerland. Does anyone else want to go to Switzerland??"
I'm still addicted to White Rabbits. I ate 4/5 of a package today. That's not right.
Church was cool today. There was a potluck after church for new families, and they decorated everything to look like a 50's diner, and we got free burgers while "Happy Days" played in the background. Pretty sweet. The worship pastor was really nice and came over and talked to us. He told my favorite drummer joke and seemed to know a lot about music. Good man. He said I could probably play with the worship team because they need a bass or a trombone. Sweeet. Although basketball is starting soon and that will eat up most of my Tuesdays (band practice) and Thursdays (youth group). Oh well. I'm going to youth group on Thursday. Not as apprehensive as before. YEssss.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

We miss you at youth group! :)

Lauren said...

Yeah, I miss you guys.

Unknown said...

come back soon! we're going ice skating at the bremerton skating rink on saturday you should come!

Lauren said...

:{ I don't think I'm going to be coming back.

Unknown said...

How sad! why not?

Lauren said...

It's pretty hard being involved in two churches at once.

Unknown said...

I can understand that. And no need to be worried about fitting in at the new youth group. You're really terrfic and they'll love you just like we do.
Don't be a stranger ok. Praying for ya!

Pastor Matt

Lauren said...

Thanks, I appreciate it.