Saturday, January 26, 2008

Patrick Stump's dad is an actor?

Major spoilers for National Treasure 2. If you care. Which you shouldn't. Because it REALLY sucked. Seriously. These spoilers could save your life. And your wallet. Is this movie worth $7.50? I think not.
Dang it, Nathan!!! He saw "National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets" with his friends and said it was AWESOME, so my mom took me to see it on base, and it pretty much sucked.
AAAAARGH, Helen Mirren (statement revised due to complaints made by the author's mother) has larger bosoms than I do!!! They're all taut and apple-y like they're supposed to be in the prime of your youth! And she's like 80!!! She and Jon Voight have absolutely NO chemistry whatsoever. She's a pretty good actress (kind of creepy....), but Jon Voight wasn't even trying. How is he Angelina Jolie's father??? Argh, he annoys me, and he never realized his phone had been cloned.
Nicolas Cage can't act, either, and he has a widow's peak. Not that that's a bad thing. Ian Mckellan (sp?) has one, too, but he's a better actor.
I never liked that stupid Abigail girl. I kept screaming internally, "DITCH HER! DITCH HER!"
Riley was probably the best character. Added semi-obvious-but-still-fairly-funny comic relief. And he's still pretty cute.
OMG, opening scene when John Wilkes Booth propositions Thomas Gates? Wait, let me rephrase that, because that statement sounded sexual. Whatever, I'll leave it. But you know that scene? Am I the only one who finds Thomas Gates really attractive??? He looked like an older 1856 version of Patrick Stump. Too bad he died after 5 minutes. At least he saved his country. His son was super annoying, as are all little boys in action movies. Or any movie.
Waaaait, I'm still confused; how did finding the City of Gold prove that Thomas Gates wasn't a conspirator in the assassination of Abraham Lincoln? City of Gold...diary page with Thomas Gates' name on it...ABSOLUTELY NO CORRELATION.
And the bad guy? Way too Southern for my taste. And how did he go, in the last few minutes, from, "Ben Gates must sacrifice himself or I'll kill his girlfriend," to, "I'll sacrifice myself to save you, your parents, your pretty cute/nerdy assistant, and your girlfriend as long as you give me credit for finding the City of Gold." And he gets crushed by the door? And you see his body? But they wanted the door closed? And his body got in the way? MAKES NO SENSE!
And the City of Gold suddenly has no water/waterfalls once the President is on the scene? Ooooookay.
EW, Randy Travis was at the president's birthday party!!! I would NOT have voted that guy into the Oval Office. He was probably a Democrat, lol. But as soon as I saw Randy Travis, I kept thinking about "The Wager", and how saving a little boy from his mom's abusive boyfriend was MORE IMPORTANT THAN WINNING AN OSCAR!!!!
"I'm sorry I screwed your entire family over, Benjamin Gates, but I wanted to make my mark on history."
The clues didn't really make any sense in this one. And the action was pretty lame, because Nicolas Cage was always the last one and they'd be like, "He won't make it," but it's Nicolas Cage, and without him, THERE IS NO MOVIE.
So yeah, I pretty much loved it. Sort of. I'd buy the DVD just for the opening scene and Patrick Stump's dad.
Enough of that.
There was a study session at Jessica's house today, and her dog randomly licked us and slapped Kevin's butt??? But we got a lot of the math packet done. And then we harassed Connor and ate pizza.
Kedino!!
Is there a reason people think Noon Day Sun is a rap group??? Three emolicious girls with guitars and a Pete Wentzish bass player don't exactly scream, "Hip-hop."
I just used the word emolicious.
I'm going to hell.
Pretty much.
I bought a Brian Dixen band CD!!!

No comments: