Monday, December 26, 2005

Lauren's List of Awesome Books

Hehehehe. I won't explain. For this is...self-explanitory. Hehehehehe.

ChaseR: City kid moves to country and starts a war with local hunters for accidentally shooting his dog.
The main char (Chase) makes gross smilies that are way too detailed and uses "strong language" (yeah), but other than that, this book seriously moved me.

The Princesses of Atlantis: Two girls entering 7th grade right a story together, despite their strained relationship.
This is the book I told you about in "Over". Teen drama at its best. And the story they write is just as funny. "Talar thought of her longingly. Eva would want a man of action, not a hunched over scribe." :D TALAR RULES! (especially since the way he was described caused me to picture them as an Atlantean Will Harris. Yeah, baby.)

Skye's the Limit!: Skye O'Shea goes to a camp in BC and meets TWO REALLY MEAN GIRLS! OH MY GOSH!
Ha. Ha. Ha. I laugh at Skye's plight. Especially while reading the book. Ha haha. And the guy she likes writes her this letter that's all, "Dear Skye. You are the coolest girl I know. I've never met a girl like you." It goes on and on and gets funnier all the time. :)

Click here to find out how I survived seventh grade: A girl (ALL RIGHT, ANOTHER STORY ABOUT A SEVVIE!) entering junior high starts losing her best friend, discovers guys (how is that possible to never have "discovered" guys? :O Were they hiding in the closet?), and manages to alienate herself from the entire school (it's funny, everyone sees her private blog and the guy that likes her ((who is a poet)) writes her this poem that's like: "You are the worst of the worst. Bla bla bla, signed YOUR ENEMY! I laugh at her plight too. Hahaha)

Prophecy of the Stones: Three girls each discover a stone and must unite to defeat a greater evil.
I seriously cried the first time I read this book. It was that good. :( It's sad in some parts (my favorite char dies), but it's kinda funny too. Like when my favorite char died, the guy that likes her was all, "NOOOOOO! BUT I LOVED HER!" Sad for you.

I'm gonna stop there, even tho there are a billion more books I'd like to add.

13 comments:

RRock_With_It said...

You forgot Eldest. I'm hurt, Lauren.

Lauren said...

i know i was gonna put eragon and eldest but i was like, this is getting long. i'm gonna add a part 2 and 3 to the book list, tho.

RRock_With_It said...

okay. as long as you put them on sometime.

Lauren said...

eldest is definitely my favorite lol.

RRock_With_It said...

that is an awesome book.

Lauren said...

in more ways than one.

RRock_With_It said...

???
oh. :)

Lauren said...

:) you pretty much know all the reasons why.

"Caress every page."

RRock_With_It said...

i seriously felt sick at that comment.

Lauren said...

>:(

RRock_With_It said...

sorry, but i did!

Lauren said...

*shakes head* you are sadly mistaken.

RRock_With_It said...

lauren, he's *omitted for security reasons*!