Sunday, March 23, 2008

It's Easter day, let's clap our hands, clap our hands, clap our hands.

Lachlan was singing, so I had to write it down.
"The Final Warning" was VERY disappointing.
Don't get me wrong, Max is as charming and clever as ever, but it got really preachy about global warning, and I got really tired of the whole, "I'm 14 and have faced tougher life challenges than you," thing, and to listen to her complain about not having a stable family wasn't fun, either.
Then the flock members started getting new powers galore!!! Iggy can see and tell colors (even though he's blind!!)!! Nudge can call metal objects to her!! Angel can be adorable at will! Fang can blend in with his surroundings!! And the Gasman can make mega farts!!!
Surprisingly, Max has no new powers.
I don't know, it seems kind of Mary Sue-ish. Something that Christopher Paolini would try to pull off, not James Patterson.
But I've been wrong before.
And I thought there would be resolution, loose ends would be tied, Fang and Max would quit being morons and act like they like each other.
Also, since the Voice turns out NOT to be Jeb (whaaaat? Way to change your mind, James), Total gets REALLY annoying, and the Faxness goes nowhere.
They kiss ONCE. And Max is like, "I like it...NOT!" She runs away and they never speak again.
Then Fang starts hanging out with Brigid, a 21-YEAR-OLD SCIENTIST. 21!!! AND SHE'S HITTING ON HIM!!! THAT IS SO ILLEGAL!!!! Of course, Max is jealous, and starts writing POETRY.
Poetry. *shakes head*
Fang keeps up his lame blog. I'm sorry, but I've never liked it. He even admits to being an emo. The whole dark and brooding thing? Yeah, not so attractive anymore.
And there's going to be a sequel. The ending just SCREAMED for one. Darn. I guess that's cool, but if the next one gets preachy about gun control and the right to choose, I might just self mutilate.

No comments: