Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Is this the strange feeling of you working all to good?

I think Caedmon's Call's "40 Acres" is the best album I own right now. I've been listening to it a lot lately, and my dad really likes it. "Somewhere North", "Faith My Eyes", and "Daring Daylight Escape" are my favorite songs. Ironically, they're all sung by Derek Webb. I think I like his voice better, and he's a good guitar player, but there's something about Cliff Young's voice that's really soothing and folksy. Most of Cliff's songs get on my nerves, though, "Petrified Heart" especially. I hate that Danielle girl. Her voice is go grating and I hate the song "Shifting Sands". I have another Caedmon's Call album from like 2003 something, and I think it's one without Derek Webb, but I've never listened to it, so I think I might. Dude, I'm totally going out and buying all of their albums now, especially "Overdressed".
"The Only One" = good Cliff Young song.
OMG, they consider "Shifting Sands" one of their BEST SONGS!
Yeah, I sort of got sick and stayed home this morning, where I read the remaining 275 pages of "The Book Thief". It was so good. I knew what was going to happen, as the NARRATOR KEPT GIVING IT AWAY, but it was to be expected (hello, Holocaust) and it felt right. So sad, though.
Contest tomorrow. Then on a bus to Oakland Bay. Then rushing back home to band practice at church. Yeah, haven't practiced my music AT ALL since last week. And Good Friday is IN TWO DAYS!!!
And Easter is in 4 days!!! I'm happy about the resurrection of Christ, but also about the chocolate bunnies.
OMG, a film adaptation of "The Book Thief" is being optioned!!! I hope it's good. I want lazy people who don't want to read the book to see it and be able to relate to the characters through film. Although, if it sucks as much as the film version of "A Chorus Line", I might just kill myself.
Hey, the fourth Maximum Ride came out recently! I have no money. Time to pay a visit to the library.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Lauren,

I'm a cademon's call fan as you know and 40 acers is perhaps my all time favorite record!

You'll love underdressed. Derek is back with the band for that record and it shows! Hope all is well!

Lauren said...

Are they still doing the alt-country thing on that record?
Argh, most of the post-Derek music involved Mac Powell. :P
I heard about what happened at OEFC, and my family and I are praying for you guys. Hope all is well with you too.

Unknown said...

Thanks it's kind of a drag. We'll be ok. I'd totally loan you the record so you can decide if you want to buy it.

Anita and I checked out Silverale Baptist last weekend (palm sunday weekend) we went to the Sat nite service. It was pretty cool.

Lauren said...

That is so cool. We went to Saturday Night service a couple times before switching to Sundays. Did you guys like it?

Unknown said...

Yes we did like it. We haven't settled on there yet, we're going to try PBF, and a few other places but that's definatly a front runner. We're going to try a sunday service there too to see which we like better (Katie does better in the mornings so that may be the determing factor.)

Lauren said...

Sunday morning church definitely has a different feel, but it's just as good. Faith Fellowship is a pretty good church, too.