Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Shut up and drive

I'm loving "Dancing With the Stars" this year. The only people I don't like are Monica and...mostly just her. Shannon is kind of ditzy, but also really good. Argh, I sort of hate Jason.
Okay, so the Jonas Brothers performed "Take Me On", only the best 80's song ever, and it was awful. Joe is so convinced he's a good singer. Nick's voice is a little better, and Kevin's the least annoying, except for his retarded guitar-playing poses. Argh, Nick would be less annoying if he didn't keep going, "Yeah, I'm pretty sensitive. I write songs about old relationships."
Um, what relationships?
All one of them?
When you were 12?
With your SECOND COUSIN!!!!
But I'm not one to talk.
Right now it's between Penn and Cristian. Hopefully it's Penn.
Omg, "The King and I" is the best movie ever.
Sure, Yul Brenner plays a mysoginistic egotistical dictator, but there's something about his humor and fractured English that's semi-attractive.
No, I'm not drooling over Yul Brenner, but I can see why Anna would be drooling all over him.
It doesn't hurt that all the guys in that movie are shirtless half the time. ^_^
The cartoon version is even better. NOT. :P I remember a volcano, Chulalongkorn being all emo and kickbox master-y, a panther, and a hot air balloon.
And "Anna and the King" was SO DEPRESSING. In none of the movies does Anna ever get the guy.
OMG, I found "The King and I" soundtrack, sung by Julie Andrews and Ben Kingsley, and it is the best thing EVER. Peabo Bryan and Lea Salonga (of "Mulan" fame) pair up as Tuptim and Lun Tha and they are AMAZING. Julie Andrews is the perfect actress.
So much sweat. So much music. Not enough lunch. Mmm, Gatorade. What's with all the "The Wizard of Oz" music?

4 comments:

RRock_With_It said...

I'm going to a play of "The king and I" tonight. It has the Kriefels' cat in it.

Lauren said...

Lucky. Why is the Kreifel's cat in it?

RRock_With_It said...

One of the children holds a cat when she's introduced.

Lauren said...

Wait, so they're in an actual community theater type play?
Cuz I don't think the Lun Tha/Tuptim thing would go over well with Pastor Jim.