Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The dunking has got to end

Haha, "Sky High" quote. Whoa, also a basketball reference! Weird.
It feels sort of weird to be in jammies at 7:46. If the stupid snow hadn't soaked all my clothes, I'd be wearing those instead.
That's right. It's snowing.
It's that crappy kind of snow that's practically rain and NEVER STICKS, but oh well. Christmas miracle and all that (even though it's nowhere near Christmas).
The Basketball Banquet was tonight, even though the official end of the season is TOMORROW, but today was the only day that would work.
They held it in the HEALTH CLASSROOM!
I hate that class. And it's too small.
And 8 medium pizzas is not enough to feed 30 teenage girls AND all their family members.
But it was still pretty fun. Someone brought 3 boxes of those soft sugar cookies with the really thick icing. Oooh yeah.
Then the coaches handed out certificates and embarrassed all the players thoroughly. It was kind of like one of those daddy-daughter things where the dad starts bragging about his "wonderful" daughter and the daughter's semi-pleased and semi-mortified. I got Most Improved this year. Hm. Implying that I sucked before? It's all good, I know I did. I mean, at the beginning of the season, I'd be shooting 1/10 for free throws. Now I'm shooting 4/10! w00t!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh, the Freshmen Dance Committee met for the first time today. ALL OF US are girls. Last year, some of the more popular guys were on it, but not this year. We had to look through prom catalogues and choose ideas for the theme, and, being girls, we picked the most retarded (ahem, "romantic") ones.
I kind of thought most of these sucked.
A Night in Paris? A Night in Rome? Under the Sea? Sunset Beach?
That's practically only two themes, seeing as Paris and Rome, and Sea and Beach are so similar. I voted for "Enchanted" Evening (sounds super corny, BUT IT WOULD BE LIKE THE MOVIE!!!! I mean, who doesn't want a ball with glass slippers and giant dragons and a New York skyline?), but I was one of the only four that did.
The 9th grade class will vote Friday. I'm hoping the boys will have the sense to vote for Under the Sea.
Although, it's kind of hard to pick a prom/freshmen/formal theme that isn't really stupid. Really, really stupid. REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, "Thank God I'm graduating soon" stupid.

5 comments:

RRock_With_It said...

4-H had a Greek themed dance.

RRock_With_It said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren said...

I can't see any of my peers in togas.

RRock_With_It said...

The decorations and food were greek, not the people. Though that would be interesting.

Lauren said...

Hmm...sounds like a scene from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"