Monday, October 16, 2006

Lauren's NEW and IMPROVED List of Awesome Books (YEAYA!)

I wrote this today in LAR. Some might be from the last ones, but DO I CARE? NO!

1. Bad Kitty, by Michele Jaffe: A forensics obsessed teenager goes to Vegas, gets attacked by a cat, and stumbles upon a murder mystery. Then her friends take a road trip to come visit her whilst listening to country music ("I wanna whack your pinata." It's not perverted, it's about a guy at his little brother's birthday party) and there's that really hot British guy with GREEN ADIDAS! I don't know, he actually didn't sound that hot, I'd have to see him first, even tho British guys rule. However, I seem to have never met one. *sob* Although, from what I've heard, they can't seem to pronounce Cheetos. (Pass the Classics.)

2. Princess in Love, by Meg Cabot: A book in "The Princess Diaries" series, Mia Thermopolis tries to break up with her boyfriend while stalking her best friend's descriptively sexy older brother, who is Jewish (just a fact, so is his sister, I finally figured out), dark haired (YESSS), a musical genius, a regular genius (MENSAAAAAAA!!!!!!!) and a senior. :( My favorite part was the journal entries about movies and stuff. I looked for that one book and it doesn't exist, which stinks cuz I would have liked to have read it, lol. I LOVE FOOTLOOSE!

3. Safehouse, by Jenny Carroll: A book in the "1-800-Where-R-U?" series, Jessica Mastriani is blamed for the death of a high school cheerleader. In the mean time, the cheerleader's ex-boyfriend (well, he wasn't really her ex, cuz they were still going out before she died, so I don't know what I would call him), ahem, FORMER boyfriend starts hitting on her and being really MANLY emotional like (I loved his description. I was like, "DUDE, I KNOW THIS GUY!") and then ANOTHER cheerleader gets captured and all this wonderful stuff happens. IT'S A GOOD BOOK! READ IT!!!

4. Surviving the Applewhites, by Stephanie S. Tolan: COOLEST BOOK EVER! A juvenile delinquent who burned down his former elementary school, Jake Semple is taken in by the Applewhites, a scary artsy family (oooh, I feel your pain, Jake...) and discovers himself and all this lame zen stuff. And then there were parts where it was in E. D.'s POV (she's one of the Applewhite girls and she's all depressed that she's not talented like her family. She's also REALLY ANNOYING) and she's just really annoying and has CDO (like OCD, only in alphabetical order...like it should be...) and stuff. But it's a really good/funny book. And Jake has red hair and is all super talented and lands this part in a musical.

5. The Lord of the Rings, by J. R. R. Tolkien: Hobbit finds Ring, hobbits leaves with Ring, hobbit destroys Ring, meanwhile all his friends fight evil and hook up (GUYS AND GIRLS, EVERYBODY, GUYS AND GIRLS!) and stuff. I LOVE FANTASY!!!! (also a good fantasy series that I just started: The Dragonlance Chronicles. Seriously. READ THEM.)

6. The Chronicles of Narnia, by C. S. Lewis: Coming from a guy whose name was Clive Staples, this is a most excellent series. All these kids get transported into this magical land called Narnia and meet this lion called Aslan, who is an allegory for Jesus. "The Magician's Nephew" is one of the best books because it describes what Creation might have been like. And it's funny. ("I MADE THE FIRST JOKE!" "Dude, you WERE the first joke.")

7. The Scarlet Pimpernel, by Baroness Orczy: Okay, when I started this is was all lame and boring, but it got WAY BETTER, except I accidentally found out the end too early and I was sad, but it was STILL GOOD. Apparently the French did drugs back then? SNUFF POWDER!!! Ways to foil a frenchman: Switch his snuff with pepper, then laugh and run away while he sneezes.

ChaseR, by...I forgot: City kid moves to the country. A novel written in e-mails, Chase Riley tells his friends of country life, how much he hates cicadas, girls, and how much he hates hunters. Especially after they shot his dog. Which was really sad, cuz I kinda could relate. I mean, it's kinda heartless to kill animals, but that's what God made them for and stuff, but I would be mad if someone shot my dog. But it's funny. He swears a lot, tho. And is kinda perverted. But it was a good book.8.

9. The Girl Who Invented Romance, by Caroline B. Cooney: I don't actually like this book, cuz it was incredibly shallow and really stupid and stuff, but it came with a REALLY FUN GAME. Okay, not really fun, but when you're bored, it’s hilarious. Yeah. So anyways. 16-year-old Kelly whats-her-name creates a board game that will ROMANCE. She totally starts dating this basketball dude at the end and it's all lame. Sorry if I told you the end, but you kind of saw it coming, cuz the whole time she was like, "I only want to date a basketball guy," or something, cuz everyone else was a loser, which isn't fair cuz YEAH they might be obsessed with anime, but they know Harry Potter like no one else. I AM ONE OF THEM. But I wouldn't date a girl.help her better understand the oh so complicated and really gay um...thing of

10. Skye's the Limit, by I forgot again: Same with this book, I don't actually like it, but it's REALLY FUNNY!!!! Skye BERYL O'Shea (she has this thing about her middle name) goes to an ADVENTURE camp and meets two really mean girls, two really nice girls, an evil counselor that looks like a man, a really hot guy (and she's in like 6th grade. Eh? Wth? He wasn't THAT cute.), and learns that she has strength. (LOL there was this part where they had to say their name and an adjective that started with the first letter of their name. Laaame. But they did it and it was really funny. "I'm Amanda, and I'm ANNOYED." "I'm Mason and I'm...magical." "I'm Skye and I'm...um um um *succumbing to peer pressure* um um um um um um um SUPERGIRL!" And then Mason writes her a letter. She's apparently the coolest girl he knows. And she never sees him again. *shakes head*)

No comments: