Monday, October 30, 2006

Deep Political Insights

We're researching in SS about the upcoming elections, leading up to a mock vote. My group got I-933. I don't understand why everyone's opposed to this.
I-933 in a nutshell: The government won't be able to take possession of your property (your PRIVATE property) for public uses without your consent and their money. AND if your property is damaged, they will help you COMPENSATE FOR THAT!!!
Why do people think this is a bad thing?
I was trying to be unbiased about the whole thing, but then I saw, "Maria Cantwell votes no on I-933," and that sealed the deal for me right there.
Oops.
But it's going to be kind of funny seeing the results of the mock election. Everyone: *votes Democrat*
I think I might be an Independent. It would help some aspects of the voting process (even tho I won't be 18 for...4 more years), like how I tend to vote for someone if I at once see the word "Republican" by their name, but then again, it's on the person and not really the party.
Agh. I have to go watch Footloose. Weee. Willard better be hot like he was in the play.

No comments: