Friday, August 22, 2008

Skippy peanut butter forest

"Invisible" by Pete Hautman is fascinating, but ultimately depressing. I wasn't exactly surprised by the ending, but I was a little surprised by the circumstances. I just knew that a lot of it wasn't real.



What Your Bed Says About You



Outward appearances aren't important to you at all. You think that the over emphasis on looks to be shallow.



You try to be an organized person, but you often fall behind. Certain parts of your life tend to fall into chaos.



You are not very high maintenance in general, but you are high maintenance about a few things.



In relationships, you tend to be quite dominant. You enjoy taking charge.



You tend to be a dreamy, head in the clouds type of person. You think in terms of possibilities.



You are a total homebody. You are happiest when you're at home.


Alexis is moving to Texas. That would be funny, because it rhymes, but that's depressing, too.
We have to devise a plan to make her stay.
She doesn't want to move, because she'll miss high school and Disneyland. Why are her parents making her move at this pivotal time in her life in the first place? Way to be insensitive and selfish, guys.
The sophomores got their schedules last night. I checked with a couple of my friends and I only have one class with each of them, except for Alexis and Kevin. I have three classes with Kevin - what's up with that? And he got put in some random vocational class he did NOT sign up for. "Best Classroom" - sounds thrilling.
I'm pretty excited for school to start, but the school is so big and my classes are so far apart, I'm afraid I'll be late.
My dad was freaking out because my locker wouldn't open. I didn't think it was supposed to, but whatever.
So Wednesday was sort of a momentuous occasion: I got my first pair of skinny jeans, hahahaha.
And they were pretty cheap, so that's cool.
I don't have one of those pyscho-religious uber-strict families that makes their girls wear knee-length skirts and never lets their kids watch PG-13 movies, but my mom was pretty adamant about me not getting skinny jeans.
But then I tried some on and she saw I didn't look like a harlot, so she let me buy them.
Funny thing, too, my dad actually asked if I was going to buy some before I let for the mall, and my mom said he was the one that wouldn't allow skinny jeans in our household.
????
Although I'm a little apprehensive about wearing them because he saw another pair of regular fit jeans that I have and was like, ":O Are THOSE your skinny jeans???"
So if regular fit is too tight, he'll have a conniption when I pull on my skinny jeans.

No comments: