Friday, August 15, 2008

Everything and nothing

Ed officially hates me now.
In my haste to get out the door, I left my permit at home and had to wait 15 minutes for my Dad to drive by with it.
Ooooh yes.
He was not happy.
And I know it's my fault. I completely forgot about my stupid permit, even with plenty of sleep and a good healthy breakfast.
But then he got on my case about acceleration and deceleration and I almost clocked him.
We ended up driving around both my old neighborhood and my current neighborhood, which was fun and oddly comforting, but a little scary at fast speeds (like 50 mph, which is the fastest I've ever gone).
Oh yeah, be afraid. I'm driving a Scion at 50 mph! Someone might get hurt!
Scions turn great, but they have absolutely no power.
"Hunchback of Notre Dame" is NOT a kid's movie. I saw it for the first time last night, it being one of those "adult" Disney movies I never got to see as a child, and it was thoroughly enjoyable, but I wouldn't let my five-year-old watch a movie that featured topics like:
-prejudice
-persecution
-racism
-unrequited love
-Hell
-eternal damnation
-corrupt religious leaders
-violence
-death
-POLE-DANCING
Seriously, Esmerelda pulling out a pole-dancing routine in the middle of the square??
Since when is it okay for a kid to watch that?
Quasimodo had quite a nice singing voice, though.

No comments: