Friday, June 20, 2008

Champions and chumpions (and the lies of Disney)

A LOOOOT has happened since Monday, but I have to get all the stupid "Camp Rock" stuff out of my system.
Agh, what a letdown. Seriously, there was so much hype. "Demi Levato is a superstar!" "The Jonas Brothers rule!" "This is the next High School Musical!!!"
Not quite.
"High School Musical" was *ahem* a musical (hence the name). "Camp Rock" is about a large freakish group of musicians that assemble at a Canadian camp, so there was definitely music involved, but not a lot of big song and dance numbers, and none of the songs were really memorable or special. It was just generic Disney crap.
Demi Levato DOES have a great voice, but she didn't do a lot of singing. She had 2 or 3 songs max, and they were short. Also, none of the other characters were all that good. More generic Disney crap, a few Cheetah Girls clones, some uber-stereotyped black and Mexican kids, etc.
Sadly, Joe Jonas was probably the best actor in the entire movie, but that's not saying too much.
I'm not saying the movie wasn't totally enjoyable (for the most part, anyway). It was just a little disappointing.
There were some totally amazing lines, though. Kevin's character cracked me up.
"Which color?" "Those are exactly the same." "So you see my dilemma!!!"
"I wanted a birdhouse so more birds would come..." (you'd have to be there)
"It's the silver rule. Okay, the copper rule." (Okay, again.)
"I was just, you know... MMM, toast."
Awww, my favorite song was probably the stupid finale one. I feel so LAME.
On other non-"Camp Rock" news:
GRADUATION!!!!! It was scary, because I was one of the MCs and I messed up a lot, but the principal said I did great. Sure. It's all right if you're lying. Graduating itself was so weird, because I'm SO not ready to go up to the high school, but it was also like, "Finally, school's over." But only partly. I got a couple awards, but the only one I was really surprised by was the "Outstanding Service" award. Yay, I put my name on a plaque! I don't get to KEEP it, but whatever, it's in the school.
Argh, do NOT want to go to the high school next year. Me and a bunch of my friends auditioned for Wind Ensemble on Tuesday and only two people made it. I wasn't one of them. It kind of made me feel like crap, because I know it wasn't personal, but the guy who DID make it in my place has been playing trombone for 2 years, and if I've been playing for 5 and he's better than me, how much do I suck?? I guess I've always been really cocky about my playing ability, but it turns out I was totally wrong.
So that kind of sucked.
But then I went to Alexis' youth group w/ Alexis, Daniel, and Jessica, and Daniel ripped his hand open; Alexis, Jessica, and I called our team "The Poofters" (for all you Kiwis); and then we watched "Charlie and Candy Mountain" AND the sequel about the Banana King.
Yeaaaah, at my grandma's AGAIN. High speed!! Woooh!!! We're just hanging out and partying (although my grandparents are in bed). There is an abundance of brownies. Their neighbor tried to bring over 3 pans of pudding filled double chocolate brownies.
I love that man.

No comments: