Monday, June 30, 2008

Compiling the perfect summer playlist

Not that my music collection is all that extensive.
But it's pretty fun with the songs/artists I DO have.
I'm trying to decide whether or not I should add Hannah Montana, but none of her songs really work.
Ugh, I just added some Rocket Summer. GROSS.
17 songs so far.
Aww, I'm doing this thing with my itunes where I listen to all the songs in order of when they were last played, so I don't want to mess it up and listen to this playlist.
Phooey.
Because you know how I am about my ipod.
I'll try to avoid Atreyu and "The King and I" soundtrack.
Beatles...yay or nay??
I want some of their good stuff. Not that "Magical Mystery Tour" wasn't smashing or anything. But...it seems I'm more of a "Across the Universe" Beatles fan.
I heard "Come Together" on the radio the other day and was like, "OMG, BEATLES!"



You Are Pretty Charming



While you're not a natural charmer, you can be charming when you want to be.

And lucky for those around you, you usually feel like turning on the charm.



You project a happy, calm image - even when you're feeling the exact opposite.

You make people feel great about being around you... though you're not always up for putting in the effort.


Blogthings has been posting a lot more regularly now, and that's pretty great.
Even if the quizzes aren't that accurate.
Lol, should I add "Roxanne" by the police??
Yesterday, the sermon was about Rahab the prostitute (in Sunday school, not in regular church. That wouldn't have gone over well.), so William and I were singing "Roxanne", and the new version "Rahab".
Rahab...you don't have to put out that red cord.
Agh, so my playlist finally has 35 SONGS.
Now I need to do some cleaning.
Hey, I only used 3 FOB songs. Trust me, that's, like, impossible for me.
Just deleted "My Boyfriend's Back".
Aw, I wish.



You Are Break Dancing



You are a rebel and a rule breaker.

You are uniquely you, and you expressing your individuality.



And while you're different and a bit weird, you're no slacker.

You're extremely hard working. Having unusual talents is not as easy as it looks!


Okay, deleting more oldies.
Should I delete the song about the suave boy from NYC or the couple getting it on under the boardwalk??
Ugh, "Let's Twist Again" by Chubby Checker fits the mood, but it's SOOO cliche`. (How come I can never find those stupid punctuations?? Stupid French.)
And, to tell the truth, "Wild One" by Bobby Rydell is the coolest song ever.
Okay. Bye bye, Chubby Checker.
I'm keeping the song about the boardwalk tryst. Because they talk about sun and hot dogs...among other things.
Of my three Disney songs, only "All Star" remains.
Down to 30 now.
Three FOB songs: "Of All the Gin Joints in the World", "Thriller", and "Chicago is So Two Years Ago".
Hmmmmm...bad breakup song...gone.
Two songs by the same name...but one sucks.
Ha ha, hasta la vista, McFly.
Took off some not strictly summer songs. 26 now.
Tie is being pouty. She wants to be held and played with at the same time, which is virtually impossible, as she jumps around when she plays.
I'm trying to get down to 18 or 20. Which should GO??
Two "High School Musical 2" songs. "What Time Is It" is sort of an opening opener, but I don't know.
Forget Zac Efron. Ashley Tisdale stays.
HALLELUJAH! 19 songs, and I didn't use anything by Atreyu or FM Static.
Now for the order.
I love these shorts. For realz.
Okay, finished it. There's sort of a story. A weird, nonsensical nonlinear story.
1. "Friday Night", Slick Shoes
2. "We've Only Just Begun", Run Kid Run
3. "Luckie St.", Cartel
4. "Great Escape", Boys Like Girls
5. "Bring 'Em Out", Hawk Nelson
6. "Of All the Gin Joints in the World", Fall Out Boy
7. "Another Girl, Another Planet", Blink-182
8. "Wild One", Bobby Rydell
9. "All Star", Smash Mouth
10. "Girlfriend", Avril Lavigne
11. "Cupid's Chokehold / Breakfast in America (Featuring Patrick Stump)", Gym Class Heroes
12. "Cadillac Phunque", Family Force 5
13. "Saturday", Olivia the Band
14. "Saturday in the Park", Chicago
15. "Fabulous", Ashley Tisdale
16. "Rio de Janeiro", Ugly Duckling
17. "Walking on Sunshine", Jump5 (oh yes, I went there)
18. "Accidentally In Love", Counting Crows
19. "Under the Boardwalk", The Drifters
All done!! Now off to other things...like...sleeping.
Good books: "Born Too Short: The Confessions of an Eighth-Grade Basket Case" by Dan Elish and "I Can't Tell You" by Hilary Frank.
"I Can't Tell You" was good, but sad. Like, not TRAGIC sad, just..."I wish it were a happier ending." :( But it was semi-hopeful. Just a little offsetting and depressing.
"Born Too Short" was cute and funny, though. Very well-written.
Anything by Daniel Ehrenraft is good, too.

No comments: