Sunday, February 03, 2008

Oh...my...goodness...there's a bed on the altar.

Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. My pastor just preached to me about orgasms.
My PASTOR just preached to me about ORGASMS.
Okay, so the sermon wasn't totally about that subject, but it was about SEX and the MARRIAGE BED.
I thought Pastor Barry handled it pretty well, and I knew other pastors (that I don't feel like mentioning) would turn "sex" into a sermon about how wrong it is to feel attracted to someone, or how sex is bad, or whatnot.
And I agree that sex isn't dirty as long as it's with your spouse and them only (I honestly don't care if you disagree, that's how we Christians roll).
But to talk at length about a passage in Song of Solomon that, up until today, I didn't know was about sex. Pretty dang GRAPHIC sex.
Pastor: In the marriage bed, the man wants to feel like he can please his wife.
Lauren: TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!!
Yeah. And the worse part, I was there WITH MY DAD, because William was sick, so my mom stayed home. I don't know who was more embarassed, me or him.
And I was so planning to go to Sunday School today, too! I was like, "You know what, it's been too long, I should go," and my dad was sort of making me go anyway, and there are some pretty amazing guys that go to Sunday School, no lies, but after that message, I didn't want to walk in and be like, "Hi, my name is Lauren. Did you enjoy that graphic message about love and intimacy?"
Wow.
Enough about that.
I was listening to "Evening Out With Your Girlfriend" last night, because I've been listening to a lot of FOB lately, and "Pretty in Punk" really made me cry.
It's about this guy that is performing with his band or something, and he sees this girl he really likes, but she thinks he's all egotistical when he's really just shy. He also thinks her boyfriend is a jerk, but it's none of his business so he just walks off!!
It somehow reminded me of Simple Plan's "Vacation". I STILL hate that song. What guy would be that mean? Actually, I know guys who were that mean.

No comments: