Sunday, January 01, 2006

Lauren's List of Awesome Books, Part 2

Trial By Journal: A 12-year-old girl writes about her experience as a juror in a case about a murdered boy.
The ending was kinda sad the first time I read it because it was 3 AM and when I saw the ad about "Rat's Rest Haven" or whatever, I fell apart. Even tho "Rat's Rest Haven" isn't even sad. But the main character is really funny and makes fun of dentists and teachers. The only disturbing part is that everyone is named after an animal. Like the defense attorney's name was Mally Mute. Hahaha. Not really. The prosecutor was Golden Ray Treevor. And one of the not-very-animal-but-still-sorta-funny-at-3-AM names was Leon D. Vinci. Yeah.

Eragon: 16-year-old boy finds a dragon egg in the mountains and does a whole bunch of stuff involving Dragon Riders and weird scary bird men. (wow, that was a beauteous descrip)
TIME mag would've been proud. Anway... THIS BOOK RULES! There's this freaky-yet-awesome herb lady named Angela who totally kicks butt in the war/battle/thing...I'm giving too much away. But I listened to this book on tape version of it and Saphira had the coolest voice ever. She and Solembum were extremely funny. I only laughed at one part; the part where Murtagh reveals himself. It was kinda funny and over dramatic. But everything else was, dare I say it, GRIPPING! HA! SO THERE! I SAID IT! HA! HAHAHAHA!

Eldest: (lol Amber) The sequel to Eragon. That's all I'm going to say or I'll give too much away.
I liked Eragon kinda better because this one was way over dramatic. Arya is a jerk. And a bit ornery. What does Eragon see in her? Poor guy needs a girlfriend. But he can't end up with Nasuada. She needs to end up with Murtagh cuz there's this whole mutual liking deal going on between them. I mean, why else would Murtagh call her "a princess"? Weirded out. O_o Oh yeah, at the end, there's another Rider. Hehehe. I know who it is!

Circles in the Stream: Emily Fletcher discovers a magical stonish thing and finds alot of magical animal creatures in Ravenswood Wildlife Preserve.
Another beauteous description. *sniff* Anway, this is the first book in the Avalon series and probably the best one. It seriously and literally moved me. There were certain characters, tho, (*cough cough* Kara *cough cough*) that I personally thought should've dropped dead. Note: Don't get this one confused with "Song of the Unicorns" or whatever it's called because there are two Avalon series: the first one, and a second one that happens later called "Quest for Magic". Just a note.

(I'm not sure if this is the exact title, but I'm pretty sure it is) White Wolf: A wolf, raised by humans, has to learn to survive in the wild and find his place in nature's order.
I am so bad at descriptions. Moving on. THIS BOOK IS SO SAD! The little kid was all abducted by Indians after they killed his dad and the Indians were gonna sacrifice Snowy (what the little kid calls the wolf puppy), but then the little kid did something and was like, "RUN SNOW, RUN!" And from then on, the little kid's like not in the book. Hence the title, "White Wolf". Anyway, it's really good, but what I don't understand is if Johnny (I forgot his name, but I think that's it) was like 5 in the beginning, why was he like 20 two years later? Confusion.

8 comments:

RRock_With_It said...

Freakiness, I thought I had already commented on this post.....

Lauren said...

:O but you didn't OMIGOSH SAY IT ISN'T SO!

RRock_With_It said...

murtagh called nasuada a princess because she is one!

Lauren said...

no but he was all, "she's so hot (not in these exact words). doesn't she act and move just like a princess?" and he had this weird dreamy smile the whole time he was talking!

RRock_With_It said...

he said nothing like that. show me the quote.

Lauren said...

HE DID I SWEAR!!!! when eragon all visited him and he was reading and then he was like, "WHOA it's ERAGON!"

RRock_With_It said...

show me the quote.

Lauren said...

i don't have the book.