Sunday, January 11, 2009

Baby, we're not buying

It seems that just when I think everything is good and I've got it all figured out, Ben points out something I've done wrong.
Not that he means to.
But he often knows what he's talking about...more so than I do.
And apparently I can't share my feelings with anyone without crying.
Woo, estrogen!!
No wonder my dad freaks out at me a lot.
Yeah.
"So Close" by John McLaughlin is my favorite song right now. It's adorable...and driving me crazy.
My favorite part of "Enchanted" is when Patrick Dempsey starts singing that song to Amy Adams, and she starts crying.
And then Idina Menzel and James Marsden cut in.
The sermon was so good today. It was about Hannah and her problems conceiving, and how much Elkanah loved her.
And Pastor Barry actually made it possible for us to feel sorry for the other wife, who was so mean to Hannah.
I mean, you would be mean to her, too, if your husband didn't love you.
Not to excuse it, or anything.
And then Hannah's desire for a son was a God-given desire...but he'd closed her wound and was waiting for his timing.
Then, when she gave up her first born, he blessed her 5 times over, with 5 more kids she hadn't even expected.
The people behind me had a 4-year-old daughter and they started crying.
And then they sang some really good songs. I love Sundays.

No comments: