Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I finished Forever Princess in 2.5 hours




Your Word is "Love"



You see life as possibility to form deep connections with a few people.

Relationships are the center of your world, and you always take time to bond with those you love.



You are caring and giving. You enjoy helping those you love.

And when it comes to romantic love, you feel passionately ... even in a very long term relationship.



I'm not bragging. It's just a fact.
And it wasn't that great.
But, in all honesty, it wasn't really that BAD, either.
It was kind of like HSM 3; we all knew it couldn't be as good as the first few.
But it was a good ending.
And it was sort of good that it was FINALLY ending. Mia can be really dense sometimes.
But as soon as I got the book, I read the end.
Because I'd read at least 50 pages from the online excerpts and it was irritating, having to go back and read them again.
So I found out:
She ended up with Michael (duh).
She then slept with him.
Her dad won the election.
She reunites with Lilly, and...
...J.P. is a total cad.
Then I read the book through and found out how all of this came to be.
Michael grew up quite a bit. He was quite the gentlemen and when Mia rejected his advances (sort of...they ended up making out in a carriage, but that's not important), he was like, "I still love you and I'll wait forever."
Which was great.
But I kept thinking that's what he SHOULD have said when Mia said she wouldn't sleep with him.
And Helen Thermopolis gave a big speech on prom night about how a guy might try to force a girl to do "something she wouldn't want to", but she could "always say no".
She was referring to J.P.
But Michael pressured her before.
Then again, 2 years had passed.
So hopefully he's grown up.
And, anyway, I was happier that she was with him when J.P. started being a loser.
He "proposed" on her birthday (but insisted it was just a "promise ring").
He didn't read her book, even after it had gotten published, and acted like its publishing was no big deal.
He wrote a play about their relationship, including some very private stuff.
He slept out with Lilly, then broke up with her as soon as he found out Mia was available (I knew the last part all along...and I thought Mia did, too. But apparently she really is that stupid.)
And, to top it all off, J.P. called paparazzi every time he and Mia went out in public, in order to "make good publicity for Genovia".
Really, he's just a moocher.
But yeah. It was good times. Prom sounded lame. It was just implied that Ling Su and Perin are a couple...but you know they are.
"Perin and Ling Su were there with guys they'd dragged up for the benefit of their parents."
But there's this part where Mia reads in Psychology class about Major Histocompability Complex, which shows that people will have healthy kids with people whose MHC is dissimilar to their own, and therefore smells good.
Just like Michael.
Nathan told me about this during the summer, and I just assumed that's what was with Mia and her neck smellage.
But the passage she read showed up more than three times before she realized that.
And then she was like, "Michael is my true love! Bla bla bla, JP and I have too much in common."
So Meg Cabot seems to think couples with too much in common are doomed.
Well, yeah. If you have TOO much in common, that's in problem.
But if you have NOTHING in common, like Mia and Michael, that's ALSO a problem.
And they seem to be fine, and they have more in common than they think, but to say that because of MHC, ALL couples should consist of exact opposites, that's just stupid.
And no, I'm not being very "objective", but neither is Meg Cabot.
Ugh, the thing that bothered me most is I would read all these things on the message boards and other fans kept writing stupid fanfics about what would happen, and were predicting totally bogus things, and I was like, "That's so stupid. Not of that will ever happen."
Au contraire. It all DID.
It's as if the fans wrote the book rather than Meg Cabot. Or she wrote it just to please fans. Because some parts weren't suprising or creative in the least.
The part about Lilly and J.P. was surprising, though. But it was one of those things someone had predicted and I completely wrote them off.
Yay me.
Still...irritating. It was cheesy.
They should've made the movies better.
Maybe they could make a TV miniseries.

No comments: