Thursday, January 01, 2009

2009: Was it really worth the wait?

How come tons of people stay up until midnight on New Year's Eve just so they can scream, make out, and drink champagne?
I mean, they can do that any other day of the year.
And I know they want to be part of the brief moment when 2008 changes to 2009, but really? You'll enjoy it much more during your nightly cycle of REM than in the middle of the night, insanely drunk.
And the Chinese New Year is in February, yet we think it's weird when they stay up all night to ring in THEIR new year.
Oh well.
Truthfully, I love New Year's Eve. We always go out for Chinese food, chill at the Japanese bookstore, and buy tons of Asian candy.
Mmm, sweet and sour spareribs.
That and the steamed pork dumplings.
Cranberry chicken is all right, too, but Nathan ordered something called drunken chicken and it turned out to be fairly disgusting.
I mean, you were supposed to eat the MARROW.
MARROW!!!!
"The Legend of Zelda" is the best 80's show ever.
"HEY! Excuuuuuuuuuse me, princess!"
There is NO way Mia is an INFJ. People are talking about taking the Meyers-Briggs Personality test on the message boards, and some are distraught that they aren't "just like Mia".
The Sensor motto is practically, "I don't know unless you tell me". They don't ASSUME things; they have to HEAR it for it to be true.
So frustrating.
And Mia does this A LOT.
So she has to be a Sensor.
And she has a lot of trouble making decisions quickly.
Therefore, she can't be a Judger. She has to be a Perceiver.
That would make her an ISFP.
Cheer up, message board girls. You're more like Mia than you think...unfortunately.
It's going to be Michael.
The book comes out in 5 days and it's going to be Michael.
Ugh.
I brought my mom up to speed on the plot, and when I told her about Michael she started screaming.
At him, not me.
If my mom's mad about it, he must be a jerk.
But Meg Cabot made it very clear that Mia would not end up single: it will be either Michael or JP.
Crap.

No comments: