Sunday, December 14, 2008

I want to wash my hair in snow

Shampoo works better, but that's okay.
I woke up this morning to a beautiful snowy neighborhood. The view out my window looked like a Thomas Kinkaid painting.
Did anyone else have a psycho 4th grade teacher who LOVED Thomas Kinkaid and forced her students to copy his paintings?
Wasn't it so lame that if you didn't make your painting look EXACTLY like his, you got a low grade?
Sorry SOME of us aren't as artistically talented as others.
And this man has been painting forever. It's not like a couple 4th graders are going to do a perfect job of copying his paintings.
"I've only seen paintings of this painting!"
So yeah, I'm not bitter or anything.
But anyway, as sinful as it sounds, I really DID NOT want to go to church today, and was convinced that the snow meant there would BE no church.
But no. There was church. The snow was just a ruse.
Sigh.
Then we were at a family Christmas party up on Fox Island and it started snowing really heavily and William and I were so PUMPED. NO SCHOOL TOMORROW!!! WOOOO!!!
And then we got home and found all of OUR snow melted and gone.
The Suicide Hotline didn't answer my frantic phone call. How depressing.
Tie loved the snow, unlike Oggy, who detested it. She was frolicking around in the backyard, licking up mouthfuls and writing her name in colorful excrement.
I'm writing my English essay on the focus on male relationships in both "Night" and "Swing Kids". I hope Mr. Rosendale doesn't think I'm referring to homoerotic overtones scholars are so convinced they've found in other examples of literature, such as "Romeo and Juliet" (also titled "Romeo and Mercutio").
At least no one else will have done this topic.
But I might be surprised.
The family Christmas party wasn't so bad. Everyone spent a lot of time gazing adorably at baby Riley and there was a lot of good food.
I always feel out of place in our family, though. I'm thinking it's because of the dark hair. Almost everyone in my extended family (on my mom's side, anyway) has blonde hair and blue eyes, except for a few people only related by marriage. But they're all so perfect-Aryan and Scandinavian that I feel like hiding with my dark-haired father and siblings in a corner.
I feel like I've tainted the gene pool.
Actually, it's my dad who's tainted the gene pool.
And my relatives aren't pyscho Nazis, but I feel OUT OF PLACE. People can't tell I'm related to my mom, or my grandparents, or my cousins.
THEY'RE TRYING TO SET ME UP WITH MY SECOND COUSIN! At least I think he's my second cousin. Something like that.
I really hope they don't believe in arranged marriage.
Aaagh.
But if I did marry him, we probably shouldn't have kids.
They'll taint the gene pool.

No comments: