Saturday, December 20, 2008

I whistle a happy tune

Wow. Yesterday was a little crazy.
Nathan came home, so our family is now complete and we'll spend lots of time eating, playing video games, and making up song/dance/rap numbers.
Really, that's whta we do in our free time.
Michael Medved brought up the UN decriminalizing homosexuality, and I had been waiting for him to bring this up, so I called him up and they let me on the air. I then started hyperventilating and thoroughly embarassed myself, but Michael was cool about it.
There was nothing on TV but an episode of "Numbers" that didn't make any sense since we'd missed the first 5 minutes, and didn't make sense later in the episode when they supposedly "solved" the case. The kid from "Crayola Kids" and "The King and I" (animated version of course) played a troubled street kid trying to do the right thing (see title of post). He has not aged well. What happened to his thriving Broadway career? Did they let him go and, unable to find a job at McDonalds, settled for a guest spot on "Numbers"? Or did he give up Broadway himself in order to become "a famous television actor"? Well, if you wanted that, you picked the wrong show.
But I hate the "mathematical" explanations, because they never apply to anything that has happened in the entire episode, so while the geeks are like, "Great, I've solved the case, let's wiggle, homeslice," you're just sitting there, blinking confusedly.
And Charlie played Bernard in "The Santa Clause". EW!!!
And Don, the brother, is barely in it. So when they were talking about his "moving" decision to renew his faith and start going to temple, I was like, "What does that even matter? He's had 5 lines in this episode!"
That one black girl is SO ANNOYING!! They try to make her out to be so "tough" and "hood" and "don't mess with her, yo". The other math-y guy was all, "Ooh, I like it like that," and her winning response was, "Well, don't." OOOOOOOOOH, THAT'S RIGHT!! You sure showed HIM!
How much more racially stereotyped could you get?
Now Luke is frolicking in the snow, only he's doing a much cuter job than Tie. He scoops up tiny mouthfuls and does dainty little prances up to the fence to show you.
He reminds me a little bit of Master Shifu. "Have a dumpling."

No comments: